QUESTION - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: QUESTION
Monday, August 15, 2005 1:36 PM
ok it might help you having a manuel already lol im gonna have to go look at a 2.2 cus i dont want to tell you wrong..as far as the trannys that will work, the 95-99 isuzu tranny from jbodies WILL work but i dont suggest them, gear ratios and strength being the biggest reasons..other than that any getrag from 90-94 from a manuel quad will work but the 90-91 only have ONE tranny mount,this will give you trouble,now in 92 SOME of them had the second mount and probably the 3.94 FDR but youll have to actually look at the tranny to make sure its the right one,i dont think theres a casting number that will tell you,93-94 are your best bet fairly easy to find i think i got mine for like 250? as far as a 086 head they were found on the EARLY quad HOs like 89-91 maybe 92 ...i got my spare off ebay for 110 and that was with valves and springs and all...you should have no problem finding one there either....now,as far as the block, it might help you in finding one if you know that it doesnt have to be a HO block, you may already know this but im fairly positive there is no difference in HO or LO blocks all you really need is a 90-94 quad block , if im not mistaken i believe these blocks can be overbored more than the 2.4 one if your looking into that....and sorry no one is posting about 2.4 block maybe you should start another post with a differnt title , maybe thatll catchem
oh.and ps i forgot to answer an earlier one...for my head, the PnP .the SS valves and Ti retainers with w41 camshafts i think i got all that done for like 1200 total

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Monday, August 15, 2005 3:33 PM
was that a 3 angel or 5 cause jbp and the block issue, i hope 2.3 gilles can help , so can you are telling me i can get a head block and tranny for around $1000 wer and when buy it for my my check is in the mail
Monday, August 15, 2005 5:15 PM
ill put it this way...my FIRST HO was bought off ebay....i got a 1990 HO engine WITH tranny with only 60k on it for 400 bucks + shipping .....but your wanting to build one so it might be better to buy it in pieces but ill look around tonight and let you know what i find...what area you in?

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Monday, August 15, 2005 5:38 PM
ok man just as a refernce....the list i have from josh at TRS goes something like this, now this is for a stroked bottom end....
500 for the block( thats with a .030" overbore and worked to make the crank fit)
around 400 for the worked 2.4 crank to fit in it
320 i think for 2.4 eagle rods ( if you wantem)
and 400 for custum forged ross pistons
then of course youll need a oil pump and smaller things like that but that should give you an idea...now with all that its suppose to run 210 whp with stock HO cams, i havnt got mine in yet to dyno so i cant confirm......
now if you just wanted a stock HO to start with i found MANY of them in running condition all across the country for 500-1000 ..just let me know where you live

Monday, August 15, 2005 5:58 PM
i live in toronto, there is a post on the regional forum that i am investigateing but still let me know if only i could sell my 2.2 and tranny for like 2 grand that would be great but i know that is apipe dream are you moving up to the w41 cams ?? and what do you think could be the highest whp we could see with on a non turobo or charged engine,, do you have a full exhaust ?? intake ?? or chip ? pullies ?? or did you replce your TB did you change any other internal or upgrade you fuel system ?? injectors rail, pump, ect egnition system ???
Monday, August 15, 2005 6:46 PM
ok..keep in mind i have a 95 z24...i just put in my w41 ecu chip tonight so now i can rev to 7500 and with the w41 cams i can actually make power up to that rpm...i have a stock ignition system and fuel system....the HO fuel system( rails,lines,injectors) are so good already ive never seen a need to upgrade them unless you use forced induction....i take it you dont really wanna turbo your car, which is my prefernce as well, but i aiming for about 230 whp, and im paying a pretty penny to get there, i do have a full exhaust, pulley,flywheel,clutch, all that so well see what happens...just so youll get a good reference of what kinda gains you can get here is a post where someone with a stock HO engine added ONLY the quad header from TRS and dynoed his car..it showed a 20 hp gain at the wheels! heres the link
http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3518

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:33 PM
well actully i want to turbo my car i just was curious what i could get before the turbo then after ??? if a can get about 230-240 whp relaiably that would make me happy cause after i go turob with anintercooler upgraded fule and egnition system, i should be smokeing, my am is to take on one of my boys with his integra, i guess i should ask this question is either block better for turbo or does it not make a difference ??? i know that a 2.4 block with a 23. ho head sometimes has compression issues so i think it would be the 2.3 no ???
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 3:50 PM
well i know the guy that built my stroker is still trying to get me to buy the supercharger for it...so there are no limits...and just thought id let you know i found a HO engine in Port-Robinson for like 1100 canadian $ they said it has a broken timing chain i believe. which is no big deal to a rebuild,,,but i still think id just build it in parts..i can get you a bare block for like 100 usd but youd still have to have it shipped and worked and all that

Saturday, August 20, 2005 7:42 AM
were are yo located dude ??? and the bare block ways, like 80lbs or so right ??? is the blook in good condtion, and from the same place would you be aable to find me the scx pcm and wireing harness that would be great !!!
Saturday, August 20, 2005 6:50 PM
i could probably find you a pcm but i think your best bet is to get one from a 95 manuel jbody that had a quad ...if you use the scx computer i dont think your dash will work properly and youll have to change it too...ill have to look into that...if you get the 95 one you can just slap a HO chip in it and wire it up..im pretty sure that will work right

Sunday, August 21, 2005 6:34 AM
Scott- My Scx ecm is a direct swap in my Gtz. The cluster is working fine. You just got to make sure the Ecm got the same option has you had. IE my Gtz had Ac but the Scx ecm didn't so I get a code for the Ac.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:29 AM
so the scx is what i would need and prg it for the ac??? where can i get the done or can i do that myself, but my cluster is a 97 2.2 but witht he tec will i have to cahnge that ????
Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:55 AM
its the jbody im concerned with...ive "heard" people say when they swaped it over they had to swap gauges too..or something to that effect....ive never really heard of that problem with a pre95 car i know only a few guys that have a HO in a 96+ J so im trying to reach them to ask....but hey if you can get a scx ecu go ahead and try it may work out for the best
gilles - thanks for the headsup on w41 chip i put it in and the car runs fine ..so now i can put my w41stroker in when im ready and i can still run the chip in the meantime

Sunday, August 21, 2005 4:24 PM
No you CAN'T change it. Some Scx had the AC but mine didn't. The pin is not there so you can't program it.

I have a special ECM so it's different. Mine is one of the few race Ecm

Viva Paul Hacker

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:25 PM
well you lucky bastard

Monday, August 22, 2005 2:17 PM
Actually, I have 2. 1 Rocket part Ecm and the Scx ecm(from Paul Hacker).

So scott, you know what I mean when I say one of the FEW he had. There is still some paint from the race car roll cage

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, August 22, 2005 4:31 PM
the ecm you have is there a part nyumber for it so i know which one to get, also is there any aftermarket replacment for this ecm , kind like a stand alone fuel managment system that we could wire in insted if i can find the ecm?? also does any one know or have the dyno results with ac off vs no ac ??? last question if i have the 086 head but can find the w41 cams can i get this made somewhere what spec do i have to give to the shop, and i was reading from my other post that someone wanted to use the 95+ steering pump but the cam would need to be modded would it be possible to use the aset 2.4 cams and have them moded to the same life as the w41 or is there any other diff i need to know about , i know that is more then 1 question buti am running out of posts
Monday, August 22, 2005 5:31 PM
you CAN't get the same ecm has mine anymore. The rocket part ecm is lone gone since those parts are not made anymore.

As for the Scx ecm, all you can find are normal W41 ecm. Mine is one of the ecm that was running the Firehawk series so it has better timming and better rev limiter (if it has one cause I never found it )é Kinda scary when you see the tach go to 7500rpm and it doesn't stop I have the same high idle as the modify Mantapart chip.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, August 22, 2005 5:51 PM
what about a engine managment system does mantapart have anything lie that, or do i just the scx ecm and the chip cause i would prefer to be able to st that stuff myself, ems would be nice dumb question at this point are all the intake manifols the same i juat can remeber right now i am drawing a black what year is the best do you have a csting part number ???
Monday, August 22, 2005 10:27 PM
ok i dont know a casting number, i just know the earlier ones were better...but what i reallyyy wanted to post about was mantapart....we probably shouldnt have brought them up...yes they carry alot for the engine but service is alittllleee how you say...sh*ty?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 12:15 PM
really what is going do they not help with stuff or delays with shipping what is going on, but about the engine managament system ???

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:59 PM
not that they dont have good products or anything its just service is terrible and most of the time they sell ou stuff they dont even have in stock...for instance..i bought a chip from them..a simple ecu chip...told me it would take less than 2 weeks to get...but it actually took me over 3 MONTHS to get..that kinda thing...i think alot of people on here have had bad ecperiences with them..deal with them as a last resort thats what i say

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:22 PM
NOTED ! i am looking around for an prob 89-92 intake and tb, any ideas where to look ??? any whay to tell them apart, ??? i think there was a post on here with pics, of i thinkit was intakes, and all it showed was a small round shape on the back side of the intake, i think i am going to llok around for those pics but is you guys have them let me know
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:59 PM
found it http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.phpf=2&i=313124&t=312212#313124

what would be the best tb i can get a stock or after market, i am going to run a turbo later but i do not want to lose too much lowend power, what size 60 mm ??
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:19 PM
any quad TB is gonna be 56mm and thats what most of us stick with..some run alittle bigger but until you do turbo it the stock TB will do just fine...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search