PCM Reprogram Recall - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PCM Reprogram Recall
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:12 PM
Has anyone else had this done to their 2003? All I got back from the dealer was the following:

A recall camp 03064 obd reprogram
777 Recall update repro pcm y0002
404wcamp

Does anyone know what this recall does? I searched jbody and the internet and could not find anything on it. The car would idle irratically prior to the service being done and for the small drive home it seemed to be fine.

Re: PCM Reprogram Recall
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:38 PM
it makes your horn make a blow-off valve sound......plus it gives you mad horsepower

i dont actually know.....im at work and am really bored

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:50 PM
it's supposed to fix the problem some 2003's had w/ stalling.....Mine never stalled but

they had the reprogram done anyway, and now my car idles at 1500 rpm's sometimes.

weird huh?

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:27 PM
Machzel thats great where can I get a blow off horn? LMAO

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:56 AM
Machzel08 wrote:it makes your horn make a blow-off valve sound......plus it gives you mad horsepower

Pssssst.. Pssssst. Get the hell out of my lane!

Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:29 AM
Mike Vettese wrote:Has anyone else had this done to their 2003? All I got back from the dealer was the following:

A recall camp 03064 obd reprogram
777 Recall update repro pcm y0002
404wcamp

Does anyone know what this recall does? I searched jbody and the internet and could not find anything on it. The car would idle irratically prior to the service being done and for the small drive home it seemed to be fine.

my car had the same problem. it sputtered and stalled alot on startup. looked on the org and found out there was a recall on 03 cavs for the pcm. called the local dealer they had to tow it away because it wouldnt start, they did the reflash of the pcm and my cars ok now i finally got the recall notice about a month ago about the reflash and the tailight recall. a little late dont you think. mind you i had the car fixed 3 months prior to recieving the notice
stupid gm

Adios cavalier.
Thursday, August 04, 2005 6:37 AM
I don't know if this is the same flash that they did to my 05 cavalier but it sure sucked the hell out of my power. I lost a full second in my quarter mile ET after they flashed my PCM at the last service I had. All I can hope for now is with the S/C coming out soon that the power loss won't effect the power gain from the boost.

Asta La Vista OHV!! Defined Parts
Thursday, August 04, 2005 2:44 PM
my car stalled intermitantly and now runs better. However, I did notice a power decrease but it may be a mental thing... I'm getting pissed at this money pit and rattle box.... but it's depreciated so much that I'm stuck with it for the time being....
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:38 PM
odd.....mine seemed to gain a few hp after the reflash

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, August 11, 2005 3:01 PM
I had to get my 2000 reflashed too, can't tell if it made any difference in my times. I did get pulled over this past weekend and the cop (driving in a police interceptor) wrote on my ticket that I steadily pulled away from him. So I'm thinking the reflash was pretty good.
Friday, August 12, 2005 10:47 AM
i never experienced any losses

Adios cavalier.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search