fuel prob? or clutch prob? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel prob? or clutch prob?
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:21 AM
hey guys i have an 03 cavy with a 5spd tranny. its got about 51K miles on it. i have noticed that when i am driving it the car like jumps. only when i am stopped and start to move a little. like a light just changed and its time to go. and when i get above 3500rpms the car starts to act like its skipping gears. and i have noticed that when i am going and i have the windows down i can hear it churp when it starts to skip like that. what do you think is wrong? i just changed the oil the other day and it didnt do it for like 4 days straight and now its doing it again. all regualr tune ups have been done on time. what could be wrong? fuel? clutch? thanks for youre help

Re: fuel prob? or clutch prob?
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:03 PM
Sounds like Clutch and it wouldn't suprise me. I've heard different stories of just random transmission problems on 03+ Cavys. Currently I have a friend that has a grind in 3rd gear after his car has been to the dealership 2 times to try and fix it.

Best thing I can tell you do is take advantage of your warranty and see if the dealer can fix it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:04 PM
Just so I can elaborate, if it's not your clutch, it has something to do with your transmission.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:11 PM
o man my warranty is gooooone. lol. 3year/36K miles. lol. i have about 53k on it. damn so if i bought a new clutch kit for it would that help or does it sound like the gears? i mean it still goes in and out or gears just fine. it just has an idle and when i start to go and get and high rpms prob.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:23 PM
Matt Griffin wrote:o man my warranty is gooooone. lol. 3year/36K miles. lol. i have about 53k on it. damn so if i bought a new clutch kit for it would that help or does it sound like the gears? i mean it still goes in and out or gears just fine. it just has an idle and when i start to go and get and high rpms prob.

Damn that sucks.

Well you can always take it to a transmission shop and ask them to drive it and see what their conclusion of the problem is. They won't charge you to tell you whats wrong...

Good luck

Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:49 AM
thanks bro ill go try that.
Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:18 AM
Matt Griffin wrote:thanks bro ill go try that.

No problem

Friday, August 12, 2005 1:28 PM
if it works good at low idle untill about 3500, I would try a fuel filter, they're cheap enough

My Sunfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search