89-94 2.3 block or 96-98 2.4 block which and why? - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 89-94 2.3 block or 96-98 2.4 block which and w
Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:23 PM
i take it your having yours done by josh..sounds about like mine,what head and cams you using? and when you think itll be done...id reallyyyyy like to get a dyno one one of these soon,and mine wont be ready for awhile

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:34 PM
I'm either gettin a body kit at tax time, or pulling the motor and making the car faster (only 10,000-12,000 on the new motor right now). I need better brakes to make the car any faster than it currently is. And yes, only Josh would touch my motor.

I got the Ho Head (the 93) ported, polished, flowed (thanks to a dragster building friend of the family) and valves done, to make it flow basically as good as or better than a 086. not sure on the exact flow numbers so don't ask. I don't even know what parts he used, most likely some stuff from Summit or the junkyard he could recondition (I hope Summit for the price I paid LOL)

The HO cams from a 92, modified for the 95+ power steering pump (hex machined into the cam and made for the later cam tower), but I would really like a good set of W41 cams modified like the ones I currently have.

I got the Ho Intake and Exhaust, both ported, polished, and gasket matched to the head.

I'm using the LO injectors to conserve fuel (I'm at about 36 to the gallon right now), but in a week or so I'm getting a set of HO from a local guy. the LO injectors make the car feel "weak" on the take-off (without much pedal) and when the car is cold.

And Finally, I am lusting for the TRS header, (not the 4-2-1, the full length) so I can put some good numbers to the ground and in the 1/4. Added to the header I'm going 2.5" front to back with glasspacks and either a test pipe or a high flow cat, to open up some ponies. (LOL)

Monday, August 22, 2005 1:24 PM
is there a prob with the pre 95 powersteering pump ??? could i get some details, on thios what needs to be done ? where i can get it done and is there anyway to get a 96+ came with a .410 profile, so the the mod would not need to be done and how hard will it be to pu tthe 95+ power steering pump on the 2.3
Monday, August 22, 2005 11:48 PM
just hooks up different to the motor (cam tower and cam are made different on the older motors), and I believe the lines are different on the ends that hook into the pump itself. it's basically a hose issue. With a new hose, you could forget about the powersteering pump issue, and use the older pump in the newer car. I did the modded cam to make the motor look "factory" in my car.

Friday, August 26, 2005 5:15 PM
can any one list the specifics that need to be done to the 2.3 block and 2.4 crank so then can work cause i am going to need to give that info to a shop near me, or if anyone know of a shop in gta that has done it please let me know trs has not done this or atleast that is what the person i spoke to said to me
Friday, August 26, 2005 11:50 PM
who did you speak to? Josh? He owns a Stroker, and has ALL the info to do it, well, so do I, I got it from Josh (TRS), He can build you one for a GREAT price, and his Machinist has worked with the Quad motor before, so he knows what to do and not do.

I suppose I could email you the PDF with the instructions, there are a few choices to make with the instructions. let me know.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 8:39 AM
yea..like hotbug said..something to do and NOT TO DO.... josh IS your best bet..engine AND finacial wise.

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Saturday, August 27, 2005 12:13 PM
i think i will give josh a call but if you got the pdf i would like that still
Monday, September 05, 2005 3:31 PM
JUST GOT A 2.3 H0 ENGINE O58 HEAD POETED FOR $400 AND ASWELL INTAKE A TB WITH ALL THE LITTLE PICES FOR $100 BUCK JUST GOT TO GO PICK IT UP . I AM ON MY WAY, I AM GOING TO talk t josh at trs about building a strocker i hope he is as nice as you all say he is quality and prices ? any one know him let him knowi will be by soon last hing i am going to need to track down is that trnny but got some time for that
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search