Thermocouple location on 2.2 ohv 8 valve motor - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thermocouple location on 2.2 ohv 8 valve motor
Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:40 AM
I have an S10 I'm putting an electric fan on. I'm wanting to use Cavalier/Sunfire parts to do it, but I need to know where they go.

I already have my fan, but I need to know where the thermocouple switch location is. I know I do not have a provision on my truck for the switch because my fan is mechanically driven, but since I'm switching over I'll just find a machine shop to put in a boss for it.

Thanks,
Eric

Re: Thermocouple location on 2.2 ohv 8 valve motor
Thursday, August 25, 2005 8:34 AM
Nobody knows where the thermocouple switch location is on a cav/sunfire?

Eric
Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:01 AM
I never heard to it referred to as a thermocouple but is this what you are talking about?

Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:08 AM
It may or may not be. If it's the switch that reads coolant temp (not reading temperature for your dash gauge), and turns on the fan when the temperature reads a certain setting then its the right one. If its just the temperature sensor, then its not the right one.

Eric
Thursday, August 25, 2005 3:46 PM
just hook them up to a switch that goes on and off with the ignition... and put in a kill switch to cut it off if you want to not run it for the time being

Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:10 PM
I went to autozone today and they showed me something just like that. I'd be thats it...if not, well I can find a way to make it work

Where on the motor is that located? Also, can someone post a pic of the 2.2 liter engine bay for me? i need to see where the top radiator hose leaves the engine (where the thermostat is).

Thanks,
Eric
Friday, August 26, 2005 9:44 PM
should be on the right side of the head... over the transmission. Follow the Upper Raditor hose to it... theres a Ball shape housing...thats it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search