i just got my first check engine lite this morning - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i just got my first check engine lite this morning
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:44 PM

well, i have not had any problems...that i know of, and no noises. what the heck could it be? where would the cheapest place be to get a code? does auto zone do it for free? this sucks. you put so many miles on your car and you boast about how you have never had anything go wrong...then all of the sudden, out of nowhere, . well thanks in advance for your help gentlemen, and ladies. i am so dreading the infamous "SEARCH!!!". just to let you know...i did. thanks again.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-

Re: i just got my first check engine lite this morning
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:46 PM
SEARCH!!

j/k yah i think autozone does it for free.....dont quote me on it though

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 7:21 PM
Autozone is free... or anyone with a OBD2 scanner (if its a 97+) will be able to do it.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:28 AM
cool guys thanks.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Re: i just got my first check engine lite this mor
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:27 AM
probly a freakin 02 sensor code

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:32 AM
check your gas cap

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:15 PM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:probly a freakin 02 sensor code

(CODE: P0133) DING DING DING. we have a winner. what do we have for the fella?
well bob, we have $69.00 from auto zone for a new 02 sensor for the front, and a new 02 sensor for the back...(THAT NEEDS TO BE ORDERED!!!)

crap. oh well. at least its not serious. so if i was to get one off of ebay, will that work? is this a (DIY) fix? thanks for your help guys.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 4:39 PM
Eh.. my light's on... catalytic converter is dead, ah well... inspections this month... hmmmm

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:03 PM
well at least you adressed the problem right away, my friend with an acura TL has has his check engine light on for like 10,000 miles and does not even know what the problem is yet

Friday, September 02, 2005 6:14 AM
yeah code PO133 Sucks! I replaced mine back in June and it just went off again last week! the same code! So i just disconnected the battery and hasnt come on since but if it comes on again...theres a guy that will fix the code and then clear it from my ECU where i live so i will get himn to do that...im sorry, i love my Z-24 Cav but ODB-II sucks...its the most annoying computer ecu on a car that ive ever seen.
lata
01' Z24-
Intake, Poly Engine Mounts, SPEC Stage II Clutch, SPEC 9 lbs Flywheel, PaceSetter Header, Custom 2.25" piping with Magnaflow high flow cat and Muffler.
Friday, September 02, 2005 7:23 AM
It's an easy fix. Bring a 3/8 rachet with you, autozone has a o2 sensor socket for it. It's a simple 1 wire plugin and you're golden

---------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by:
JLCaudio.net

Friday, September 02, 2005 10:34 AM
my check engine light is on too for at least 2 year and the car is only 3 years old
Friday, September 02, 2005 1:39 PM
Clear the code and see if it comes back up before you buy the sensor.

My Car
Friday, September 02, 2005 6:51 PM
^^^ how u do that?

Swear i need to buy the haynes/chiltons manual for this car....

Friday, September 02, 2005 9:34 PM
Pull your neg cable and turn on your lights for 30 seconds.
Friday, September 02, 2005 10:56 PM
did u accidently put that bp gas in your car. bp gas loves killing o2 sensors.
Saturday, September 03, 2005 6:59 AM
Russ B wrote:Pull your neg cable and turn on your lights for 30 seconds.

why do you have to turn on your lights???

and what is bp gas????

Saturday, September 03, 2005 9:37 AM
Machzel08 wrote:and what is bp gas????

its a brand of gas that had joined arco am/pm's. if you dont know what arco is, then it just may be a west coast thing.

as for the "turn on your lights for 30 seconds while the neg cable is off", are you serious? not doubting your intelligence, and i really do appreciate your help, but it sounds like you are pulling my leg.

ya know? now that i think about it, i had not used the car for 2 days prior. i was mounting up some projector headlights i had made for a lancer. i killed my battery 'cause i was working at night in my driveway with my lights on to help us. the following monday is when i used my car to go to work and thats when the check engine light showed up. i bet if i just take my cable off, and put it back on it may disappear. ill try that. if that does not work, ill give the headlights for 30 seconds a try also.

thanks again for all your help guys. this has truly been a great experience for me on the org.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, September 03, 2005 9:53 AM
i used to get that code too, took it to the dealer an he said nothins wrong just cause the intake/exhaust the computer gets confused sometimes an throws the code, just reset an forget! lol also bp is a high quality gas around here, they merged with amaco...and you turn your lights off to drain the residual power left in your car after you disconnect the battery, can also just press the brake pedal a couple times...

Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:55 AM
wooh hooo!!
no light. "just reset and forget." i like that.
once again guys, thanks. this action will certainly be the first thing i do the next time i receive a check engine light.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 12:33 AM
yeah my check engine lite is on but the code on it is P0440 what could that be?

Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:25 AM

it came on again!!!! i did the "reset and forget", but this time it does not want to forget.
i suppose ill go back to auto zone and get either the same code, or a different code. ill keep you informed, (if you'r interested or not). thanks agian for everyones help. i love .

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, September 10, 2005 4:07 PM
what is the process for the neg cable and headlights thing.....i've never heard of it but i haven't gotten much into modding intake and exhaust or anything ecu wise so i don't know the computer tricks yet.....am i supposed to turn the headlights on for 30 secs with out the car started and then turn em off and then start the car or try to turn em on with the neg of the battery off.....idk what to do sorry for the inconvience and i hope ur engine light goes away but i really hope mine will too
Saturday, September 10, 2005 7:03 PM
First which sensor is it for. When AutoZone reads it it will say bank1 sensor (1or 2). Also I would not get a autozone sensor. You need a AC Delco sensor.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:05 AM
it does not say which one.
the code "i believe" only states "02 sensor". not which one.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search