Is this Myth or true about used cars? - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Is this Myth or true about used cars?
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 5:38 AM
Carfax is only as good as the information that is reported into the agencies that they pull their data from. My car shows that it was involved in a side swipe accident. No details. You know what that accident was? Someone hit my driver's side mirror off at 3 AM. No damage other than my mirror. Loved that one on the report.

Unless their is a police report or an insurance claim made, damages won't show up on those reports. Even if a report or claim is filed, it still may not show up if it doesn't happen to make it into their database.

Carfax is a good thing to check, but don't trust it completely. I would suggest just going over the car very closely looking for repairs. Like pull the liner out of the trunk and look for damage hiding there, check the hood hinges and fender bolts to see if they match up. Pull the plastic cover off over the top of the radiator, if possible get the car up on a lift and inspect the underside closely.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:33 PM
^^^yea thanks for the advice, i havent put to much trust into carfax.....i didnt go look at it yet, cuz i found a brand new, yes there is sitll new cavaliers, but the dealership wouldnt give me any kinda deal on it, so i sat on it for a few days and there still not budging so i think tommrow ill be heading up to check the orange one i originally made this post about

hopeeeeeeefulllyyy it looks ok, im gonna def check every part of this car

Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:09 AM
check out getauto.com

or autotrader.com

for new or used.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:18 AM
Looks like the current rebate is only $2000.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:05 PM
Joe Kidd wrote:Looks like the current rebate is only $2000.

yea thats my problem....should of got one when it was 5,000

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:15 PM
97cavy22 wrote:
Joe Kidd wrote:Looks like the current rebate is only $2000.

yea thats my problem....should of got one when it was 5,000

Just take your time, be patient. and the right used on will come along. I wouldn't get too stuck on any one color. I think the orange is a bit much, you might tire of it in the long run. Hard to match too.

Esp. in 2004 there were great deals on Cavys. Most people got $5000 off on an LS Sport, plus GM Visa Points and other rebates, and the dealer discount. They will probably not be asking the world for them when it comes time to sell.
Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:22 PM
yea im gonna sit on it.....i figure if one that fits what im looking for pops up before spring ill get it.....if not i might keep saving and look into a cobalt ss 2.4L (non s/c) next year

Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:51 PM
2003's and upward have @!#$ up clutch problems. Something to do with a slave cylinder, either way it's not a cheap fix.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search