check engine light flashing while driving - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check engine light flashing while driving
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 5:22 AM
my check engine light is flashing while i drive , and my engine has a bad miss in it , should i go have the codes ran or is it something simple ?
i have a 97 cavalier ls 2.2 litre

Re: check engine light flashing while driving
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:22 AM
Reason Check engine lite is flashing is because of the misfire problem it is letting u know there is a problem and it need's fixed ASAP before u destroy your converter. Hope this helps out
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:16 AM
Mine was an injector...did the same thing, missed like heck, CEL flashed all the time...I got 5 dollars worth of muddy gas and it cost me $454....get it checked out..

It's a four banger, you gotta bang it four times to get it goin'....
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 12:30 PM
thanks alot , i just put a set of spark plugs in last night it helped some but still has a small miss but the check engine light is still on but it doesnt flash anymore , should i try some plug wires and what kind do you suggest ?
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:04 PM
Find out what code its throwing so you can find out what to inspect/replace before you go spending money on anything.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:51 PM
flashing is a miss like they previously stated. i just wanted to chime in.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 12:38 AM
mine happend to be the that plastic coil housing happened to be arcing onto the engine on my 2000 z24 and we thought it was a motor mounts so look on the coil housing to see if you have a black spot on it and if it is that its a dealer part and its about 85bucks
Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:37 AM
Like above, go to Autozone, or any other car parts place, and have the code pulled, this way you know for sure what it is. For the two CEL's ive had (one was a gas cap, the other the IAC plug came unplugged) the OBD II scanner told me what they were.

Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:45 PM
thanks alot guys , i went to auto zone and the scanner said misfire / inadeqeute spark i replaced the plug wires and presto problem solved !
Friday, September 09, 2005 7:27 PM
I portant thing if the light flases you should pull over. You could cause more damage.

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:40 PM
my car is missing bad as well, i dont mean to jack this thread but i got the crank sensor , cam sensor and 02 sensor. dealership changed crank sensor and i changed the 02 last night it still does it.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day

Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:39 AM
try your plugs and wires that finally fixed mine , it runs like new again !

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/lman1.jpg
Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:05 AM
stock gt wrote:my car is missing bad as well, i dont mean to jack this thread but i got the crank sensor , cam sensor and 02 sensor. dealership changed crank sensor and i changed the 02 last night it still does it.

Why did you replace those parts? What lead yout o them? Probably spark plug boots, or coil packs.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 11, 2005 3:16 PM
those are the codes the gm dealer gave me and thats where i started. any help?

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Sunday, September 11, 2005 3:29 PM
john skalak wrote:mine happend to be the that plastic coil housing happened to be arcing onto the engine on my 2000 z24 and we thought it was a motor mounts so look on the coil housing to see if you have a black spot on it and if it is that its a dealer part and its about 85bucks

You should be able to get that part at any parts store, I know for a fact that murray's can get it. If all else fails, most parts stores can order parts directly from gm using their part number, usually for cheaper.

stock gt, stick to one thread man

Monday, September 12, 2005 1:11 PM
stock gt wrote:those are the codes the gm dealer gave me and thats where i started. any help?

hmmmm. Do you stuill have a CEL on?

FU Tuning

Monday, September 12, 2005 1:44 PM
nope !

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/lman1.jpg
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search