bow ties - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bow ties
Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:23 PM
does anyone know the best way th remove the front and rear bow ties from my 03 the gold drives me nuts and i dont wanna damage the plastic thingy on the trunk
thanks guys

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg

Re: bow ties
Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:38 AM
I did the rear on my '03 with dental floss and a hair dryer. It is attached with doublesided tape.

After you remove the emblem clean up the excess adhesive with your thumb and the hairdryer, and then just use goo-gone or a similar product.

As a final step use plastic polish or cleaner wax to remove minor scratches and dull spots.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:11 PM
ronsonol lighter fluid work just as good and is safe , and cheaper !

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/lman1.jpg
Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:18 PM
Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:06 PM
does anyone know where i can get replica bowties....... lets say in black (not CF)...... for the front and the back ?

-----------
Larry Daguanno
White 4dr 2004 Cavalier LS

Richmond Hill, Ontario
University of Guelph-Humber Grad
Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:41 AM
Larry Daguanno wrote:does anyone know where i can get replica bowties....... lets say in black (not CF)...... for the front and the back ?

I've seen colored decals on ebay that you apply to your bowties. That would be the closest thing.

I suppose you could paint them, or apply some sort of black sticker to them yourself.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:14 AM
just paint them. thats what i did with mine. i ended up not putting them back on the car, but they still looked good. i took the cavalier badge off mine and matched the paint to my car. now its my 3rd brake light cover. it looks decent.

GO PATS!!!
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:05 PM
Dealerships have them. They might be a little expensive, but i know the dealership by me has them.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:42 PM
speaking of dealerships....whats the easiest way to get the vinyl lettering off that the dealerships use to advertise themselves? i tried my heat gun, and it didn't work. my buddy just told me to peal them off with my fingernail or a knife carefully, but it left the adhesive....will goo-gone get rid of that @!#$?
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:21 PM
Quote:

whats the easiest way to get the vinyl lettering off that the dealerships use to advertise themselves

i heated up the sticker and removed it.

and goo gone sound get rid of it

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:25 PM
yes i peeled it off with my finger nail then used goo gone.

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:17 PM
ghostleg wrote:speaking of dealerships....whats the easiest way to get the vinyl lettering off that the dealerships use to advertise themselves? i tried my heat gun, and it didn't work. my buddy just told me to peal them off with my fingernail or a knife carefully, but it left the adhesive....will goo-gone get rid of that @!#$?

wtf ... are you retarted ... you used a heat gun and it didnt work ..... if anything a heat guy would be your best bet.

dan

My momma told me I was cool = )
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search