stand-alone - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stand-alone
Friday, September 23, 2005 3:58 AM
has anyone tried this on their obd2 style j-body?if so what do you think?
http://www.sdsefi.com/index.html

i think it could be a good solution to a problem i have

Re: stand-alone
Friday, September 23, 2005 10:29 PM
I wouldn't buy from a company like this...

1. Their website looks very generic with random car pictures
2. They seem more V8 oriented
3. Never heard of them before

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, September 23, 2005 10:47 PM
I would't get it either. Looks pretty generic and crappy to me. If they had a serious product, they would have a much more professional style website.. I could make a website like that, and I don't know how to make a website.

1983 Camaro Z28
Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:29 PM
dude check out www.evilz24.com they put a stand alone system on their Z24 maybe check into that instead.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:31 AM
i hoped i'd get an answer from someone who's actually used it. i am a member a a few other forums and so far the people who used it liked it and those who dogged it have never seen it before. however you guys are definitely right about how generic it looks.

btw isn't the accel system that evil z24 used a piggyback system?

thanks for the feedback
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:40 PM
Don't disregard the company for having a plain looking website... They don't need fancy pictures to sell thier product- It sells itself..

I know of a few people w/ the SDS standalone-- no J-bodies though... VW owners.. They love the system... Its easy to use, fairly easy to install- and isn't very expensive.

You'll need someway to adjust your idle- the SDS cannot do that...
Someone had mentioned like glueing the IAC in place, so the pintle stays set, but I dunno...

I had planned on using this system when I turbocharged my vehicle- but I didn't have the money @ the time of a group purchase, and I decided to go for a more mechanical, cheaper route..

Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:17 PM
RedDevil wrote:Don't disregard the company for having a plain looking website... They don't need fancy pictures to sell thier product- It sells itself..

I know of a few people w/ the SDS standalone-- no J-bodies though... VW owners.. They love the system... Its easy to use, fairly easy to install- and isn't very expensive.

You'll need someway to adjust your idle- the SDS cannot do that...
Someone had mentioned like glueing the IAC in place, so the pintle stays set, but I dunno...

I had planned on using this system when I turbocharged my vehicle- but I didn't have the money @ the time of a group purchase, and I decided to go for a more mechanical, cheaper route..

The only reason I brought up their site and other details about why I wouldn't trust them is because I've never heard of them. So coming from a person who has never heard about their company or their quality of products, I would base how their website looks as far as if it's a scam or some other type of BS.

As far as you know people VWs with it and working great, that's fine...but that doesn't mean that they know about J-bodys. Example...Hondata makes great products for Hondas but that doesn't mean that they know what they are doing if they try to make a piggy-back for Sunfire.

I personally would stick to more of a product that people have so you know more of what to expect and have a way of asking questions incase you're not sure of something.

Monday, September 26, 2005 8:59 PM
Its pretty much a universal system.... I mean @!#$, the guy is using it on his airplane... Its not made to integrate into any factory system... hence the term-standalone. I mean, granted- you'll have CEL's galore, but you can tune your car pretty damn good with it...

I don't want you to think Im like pissed off because you don't like the way the website looks or something- It doesnt bother me one bit- I am in no way affiliated with them or something.... Just letting you know my educated opinion of the company and thier products...

If I had the money, and needed a standalone system from a company I could count on- I would order that.

You should read this page... It will fill you in on the reasoning behind thier plain website design, and not being a very popular name as far as standlones go.

http://www.sdsefi.com/racetech.htm

Monday, September 26, 2005 9:09 PM
RedDevil wrote:Its pretty much a universal system.... I mean @!#$, the guy is using it on his airplane... Its not made to integrate into any factory system... hence the term-standalone. I mean, granted- you'll have CEL's galore, but you can tune your car pretty damn good with it...

I don't want you to think Im like pissed off because you don't like the way the website looks or something- It doesnt bother me one bit- I am in no way affiliated with them or something.... Just letting you know my educated opinion of the company and thier products...

If I had the money, and needed a standalone system from a company I could count on- I would order that.

You should read this page... It will fill you in on the reasoning behind thier plain website design, and not being a very popular name as far as standlones go.

http://www.sdsefi.com/racetech.htm

I respect your opinion and thank you for the info.

Monday, September 26, 2005 9:21 PM
Thank you.

Monday, September 26, 2005 9:28 PM
RedDevil wrote:Thank you.

You're welcome

Thursday, September 29, 2005 4:21 AM
did you look into the mega squirt system
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search