passlock - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
passlock
Friday, September 23, 2005 8:10 AM
Do ALL cavaliers 1995 and newer have pass lock? I have a 1995 cav. and it seems there is no pass lock system. I dont know if im just missing something? I have no security light on the gauges or anything and when i had my dash all out I never saw any kinda of secutriy box of anything. Is it possible my car does not have pass lock? cause my alarm install manual says all 95 and new cav's / fires have pass lock.

Re: passlock
Friday, September 23, 2005 11:32 AM
ok..maybe im dumb or maybe its just cus i have a 95 too but i dont know what a "pass lock" is ...i have an alpine security system in my car...(aftermarket) and no mine didnt come with one stock...no i dont think theres a security light..and no theres no way i believe theres ANY kinda security system with the car....but..when i put my system in i had to get some kind of adapter to wire in with the system..im not really sure what it was called sorry but i got it installed at circuit city, maybe i shoulda wrote it down...hopefully someone else will know what its called

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Friday, September 23, 2005 2:58 PM
Unlplug your gauge cluster and if the car doesnt start then you have Passlock.

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:43 PM
is passlock this peice of &%^% i have on mine....little blinking light.....under steering....wat a peice of sh!t....turns on when it feels like it....and i fiddle with it for like an hour cause i lost the damn remote......

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Friday, September 23, 2005 4:47 PM
passlock does not have a blinking light..or a remote

Friday, September 23, 2005 5:06 PM
yeah i think i have an aftermarket peice of sh!t...........gonna rip it out one of these days

you scratch my ride IMA EAT YO CHILDREN
Saturday, September 24, 2005 1:20 PM
95 = no passlock.

96+ Passlock (one, not two) is standard on all J-cars.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 1:31 PM
95 = no passlock??? wooooooo
But I thought it was called theft mode, isn't passlock the security thing on stock stereos?

Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:03 PM
Passlock = ignition (fuel kill)

Theftlock = radio

Commonly confused...

http://www.j-body.org/faq//97/

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search