engine noise on 04 eco - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine noise on 04 eco
Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:00 AM
i was at the track the other night and noticed something that worried me. when i hold the throlttle i can hear a gargling noise from the engine. it sounds almost like someone is blowing bubbles in a glass with a straw. what would cause that? should i be worried? i havent had time to really look at it and wont till next weekend. thanks for the help peace

Re: engine noise on 04 eco
Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:17 PM
anyone?

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?
Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:19 PM
what mods do you have that would help sort out where it could be coming from other than that is it under warrenty if so take it in any is the cel on more info would help cuz noise can come from anywhere
Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:25 AM
no mods. just a muffler. it sounds like it s coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. no cel and no warranty. my car has 63000 miles on it.

do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?
Saturday, October 01, 2005 2:44 PM
sounds like it would be coming from the overflow tank maybe a coolant pressure issue/tank cap, or overheating and the gauge/sending unit isnt working right

The one, the only, ME.
Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:13 PM
/\ /\ /\ Thats very possible I never even thought of that. Was the noise before or after you ran it? And what did you do in the 1/4?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 4:58 PM
i was on like my 3rd run or so. i was on the line holding the throttle and thats when i heard it. i never thought of that either. if the gauge is broken that sucks. i only ran like a 16.6 it was way slower than usual. i usually am in the very low 16's or high 15's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search