98 cav cd install - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 cav cd install
Saturday, September 24, 2005 1:55 PM
Is there anything special to know about installing a new cd player in a 98 cav?

Re: 98 cav cd install
Saturday, September 24, 2005 4:13 PM
i got it all installed but now the unit doesnt have power. I checked all the fuses and they were all good, what could be wrong? Could the cd player have gotten fried?
Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:20 PM
No, what you need to do is pull the unit out.

Find the constant hot or the memory wire, should be a red one, and run a wire from there, to a relay fuse in the engine compartment. That's how I have mine, and have been told that they need to be ran like that.

18 guage wire should work fine for it.

1983 Camaro Z28
Sunday, September 25, 2005 2:26 AM
I just got one of those harness adapters (k, so I have a 97, not a 98 -- not sure if it makes a difference), wired that to the head unit and plugged into factory harness. No problems whatsoever.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:32 AM
Kardain wrote:I just got one of those harness adapters (k, so I have a 97, not a 98 -- not sure if it makes a difference), wired that to the head unit and plugged into factory harness. No problems whatsoever.

Thats what I did with my 98 Sedan. Wired the adapter onto the radio and plugged it into the harness. There should be no need to run a bunch of extra wires. Pull the radio back out and check all the wiring. If you have a voltmeter use it to make sure power is getting to the unit. I know you said you checked the fuses but if the radio has an inline fuse make sure to check it also.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search