activating theftlock? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
activating theftlock?
Monday, September 26, 2005 6:01 PM
My 96 'fire GT is running very nicely so far, have had it a couple weeks already..

but I noticed that the theftlock led on the cd player never blinks... which I recently figured out that meant it wasn't activated.... but the car didn't come with the owner's manual, so I don't know how to activate it.

Anyone want to post the steps for me from the owner's manual to activate it? Mucho Thanko!

Re: activating theftlock?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:11 AM
Neouka, if you go to MyGMlink.com you can make your own account for free. Once you make the account, you will have access to the owners manual. In the meantime, I have copied the activation instructions for you. I would suggest you make the account so you can get the rest of the instructions for disabling and resetting the Theft-lock.

Activating the Theft-Deterrent Feature

The instructions which follow explain how to enter your secret code to activate the THEFTLOCK system. It is recommended that you read through all nine steps before starting the procedure.

NOTE: If you allow more than 15 seconds to elapse between any steps, the radio automatically reverts to time and you must start the procedure over at Step 4.

1. Write down any three or four-digit number from 000 to 1999 and keep it in a safe place separate from the vehicle.

2. Turn the ignition to the ACC or RUN position.

3. Turn the radio off.

4. Press the 1 and 4 buttons together. Hold them down until --- shows on the display. Next you will use the secret code number which you have written down.

5. Press MIN and 000 will appear on the display.

6. Press MIN again to make the last two digits agree with your code.

7. Press HR to make the first one or two digits agree with your code.

8. Press AM-FM after you have confirmed that the code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show REP to let you know that you need to repeat Steps 5 through 7 to confirm your secret code.

9. Press AM-FM and this time the display will show SEC to let you know that your radio is secure.

Any questions, just ask.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:08 PM
worked great

but I can't register on that site, since I'm in Canada.. so I registered on the supposed canadian equivalent, but it's pretty useless. No online manuals.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:27 PM
Neouka go into my profile and send me you email address. I will try to download your manual and email it to you. It is in PDF format so you will need to have a copy of Adobe Acrobat reader if you don't already have it.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search