Does the RK sport exhaust come with a new resonato - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Does the RK sport exhaust come with a new resonato
Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:51 AM
I need a new exhaust for my 97 z24. I priced a stock replacement and I was quoted anywhere between 200-250 for a stock replacement exhaust without clamps and a gasket. I ordered the RKsport single cat back (which they tell me magnaflow makes) and the guy on the phone said it comes with all the hardware, gaskets, and clamps. I asked about the resonator and he said it was included in front pipe. Anyone who bought this exhaust, was it included or do I need to go out a buy one? I really don't want my z24 to sound like a bunch of bees are chasing me, so I prefer to have the resonator on. I basically choose this exhaust because it is stainless steel, not for performance or sound.

One a side note I asked him why it was a $200 cheaper than what Magnaflow sells them at. He said it was Rksports design that magnaflow used, so magnaflow cuts them a deal.

69 Camaro 350, ST-10 4speed, Centerforce DF, Full Hotchkis suspension, flowmaster,
MSD ignition, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt

96 Camaro RS Hotchkis shock tower brace, subframe connectors, trailer arms,panhard bar,
sway bars, power slot rotors, msd igintion, K@N FIPK.

97 Cavalier Z24 KYB GR2 struts, K@N filter

Re: Does the RK sport exhaust come with a new resonato
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:10 AM
I put the RK sport Magnaflow single catback on a friends car and it came with 2 pipes
One that was approx. 2.5' long which bolts right to the cat OR
One piece that waslike 1 foot long that you could bolt a resonator to

I dont really think the resonator is nessecary but thats preference i guess

Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:46 PM
Magnaflow's cat-back comes with resonators and a different muffler than the one RK Sport sells. The answer is no, RK Sports doesn't come with resonators.

Brandon is right, it's all down to preference and how you want your car to sound. My car doesn't have resonators and I'm happy with the sound but realize I have more than bolt on work so sounds different.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, September 26, 2005 6:12 AM
As far as i have seen no and i personally don't like the sound. You may if you want need to buy a resonator and put it on when you do it.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:07 PM
Got on mine cat back 2.25'' single exhaust from RkSport with a Dynomax cat hi-flow 2.25', and a 4-2-1 ceramic coat headers from RkSports also, it sound really great but have to be nice if I don,t when to wake up the neigborhood...

Here a video that I took when I race with a friens on a track, sure I give him a bit off room that way I can film him

http://j-body.derk.ca/Julu%20%20%20%20EASTSIDERZ/Julu%20Luskville%202005%20party/Incar%20Bertland%20Vs%20Gringo.AVI

Club J-Body Delta of Quebec, Montreal Division Event Planner

My Car Domain
Mon Char.Com

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:45 PM
you have an exterior sound clip because muffler can sound different in and out the car. I know when i come out and hear my muffler is sounds much different.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Re: Does the RK sport exhaust come with a new reso
Monday, September 26, 2005 2:22 PM
^wat he said, but it does sound nice on the inside

Monday, September 26, 2005 3:28 PM
I guess I'll just see what it sounds like when I install it. If I need one, I'll get one. I know its going to be louder than stock, but I hope not too much louder. This car is a daily driver and I drive 50 miles one way to work.

69 Camaro 350, ST-10 4speed, Centerforce DF, Full Hotchkis suspension, flowmaster,

96 Camaro RS Hotchkis shock tower brace, subframe connectors, trailer arms,panhard bar,

Sunday, October 02, 2005 5:00 AM
Well, I put the exhaust on and it didn't seem to bad without the resonator. Pretty happy with it, however I need to add an exhaust hanger between the cat and the rear tires. The long 2.5' pipe and the pipe with the first bend hang pretty low. The pipe with the bend has a bracket welded on for an exhaust hanger, but my car does not have a spot to attach it to. The location is right in front of the drivers side rear tire. Do most z24's have something here for the exhaust? My factory exhaust had a hanger for the muffler, and one over the rear axle and thats it. Right now the exhaust is held on by the adjustable clamp/hanger in the factor spot right over the rear axle and the wear the muffler attaches to the rear bumper. Thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search