Thinking About a 2001 Cavy - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thinking About a 2001 Cavy
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:33 PM
Hello all,

Im considering buying a 2001 cavy coupe with 40k miles for a little over 4g. I had an 88 2.8 cavy but it died. i like the newer ones because their nice and light. Is it reasonable to say i could boost the stock 150hp to anywhere between 240-300? I would be up for a supercharger or, better yet, a turbo setup. I want to do the work myself. I would feel comfortable with pretty much any bolt on work. I would plan on changing the intake, heads, headers, and an complete exhaust system among other things.

Does anybody have that much horsepower witn the block and internals? Im sure plenty of you have done something like this on your cavy. If you could, let me know about your experience.

Thanks.

Re: Thinking About a 2001 Cavy
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:26 PM
i think much above 250 on stock internals is pushing it. search around the boost forum and you should find lots of stuff. i know a lot of people around here are s/c but i've never thought to ask them their HP numbers.

GO PATS!!!
Re: Thinking About a 2001 Cavy
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:44 PM
ask black01z24
he has just did everything and is expecting around that number

Sorry...
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-09-21

00:33:32. This ban will expire 2005-09-28 00:33:32 Pacific Time.
Reason: Comments over the top regarding Jordan Kruger and other members in Versus. Also, if you have a problem with a member e-mailing you, do not bring it into the forums.

If you believe this to be in error, please contact us.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search