high flow or no cat - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
high flow or no cat
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:41 AM
presently at the time i have no catalytic converter on my cavy and i've talked to other people who have done the same. all i need to know power wise for a 2000 2.4 which is better stick with what i got or get a high-flow cat. everyone that i talked to said that when they had it off their times were @!#$ but when they put a high-flow on it was banging. i just need more advice on this, as far as performance wise which is better.

Re: high flow or no cat
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:21 AM
With my cat off, car ran .2 or more seconds slower, compaired to my highflow cat. Same with friends cav. So we just put the high flow cats back on.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:27 PM
thanks man thats all i needed to know.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:58 PM
-MD- Z24 wrote:With my cat off, car ran .2 or more seconds slower, compaired to my highflow cat. Same with friends cav. So we just put the high flow cats back on.

yep, thats correct. youll lose torque in the low end, plus youll throw a check engine light. go with a high flow cat....maybe magnaflow 94035.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:03 PM
how about stats from a stock cat to a high flow?

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:51 PM
thanks everybody! pay-day is tomorrow and the track is open i'll let ya'll know what's up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search