passlock issues - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
passlock issues
Monday, October 10, 2005 3:12 PM
back in spring i took my whole airbag system out, both bags and the module. just a few days ago i put it all back in but i didnt have the little clip for the round piece that goes behind the steering wheel so i couldnt put that back on yet and just left the driver bag out for now. everythime i start my car now the passlock turns it off, then i turn the key off and back on and let it sit for a second and itll start right back up. The airbags donr have anything to do with the passlock system do they?? i did a whole interior swap in my car at the same time but i didnt mess with any wires.

**TEAM GMCI**

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotsaus_2k1

Re: passlock issues
Monday, October 10, 2005 5:40 PM
is your theft light coming on?

The car does have a start up check, and one of the things it checks is your airbags, if it would shut it off when they are only partly connected I couldn't tell you. I did have my dash apart, and the passenger bag disconnected, I had to run to the store but it started right up, and away I went. put it back later. theres never been a problem with it shutting off.

good luck

Monday, October 10, 2005 5:49 PM
No, the airbags don't have anything to do with the passlock system. Something else must be disconnected.

Clockspring clip... that thing is a pain in the butt

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:56 AM
ok get this, my remote start works fine

when i try and start the car with the key it turns right off then i turn the key back to off and back to on and the theft light blinks like 4 or 5 times while all the other lights are on and stops when they go off.

**TEAM GMCI**

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotsaus_2k1
Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:40 AM
since you had the steering column open you might want to go back and make sure all the connectors and tight. since the remote start is working the first thing I would check is the stuff at he Ign key area.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:05 PM
when i went to install my remote start, i had to buy a passlock box too. my car wouldt start without it. i never tried but i bought it and my remote start works fine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search