Aftermarket Trunk Popper - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Aftermarket Trunk Popper
Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:32 AM
I'm going to wire an aftermarket trunk popper in my '99 Cav. I already have it, it's one of those $15 models from Partsexpress.com

Where should I mount it? Pics of a mounted solenoid in a J car would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

-----
Slot Ported Box Design Calculator

Re: Aftermarket Trunk Popper
Friday, October 28, 2005 3:24 AM
Weisinator wrote:I'm going to wire an aftermarket trunk popper in my '99 Cav. I already have it, it's one of those $15 models from Partsexpress.com

Where should I mount it? Pics of a mounted solenoid in a J car would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
if i had my car close to me i could take pic's

Friday, October 28, 2005 12:13 PM
Would it be possible to tap into the OEM cable upstream, like under the rear deck?

It's just a cable, they do it on bicycles:

-----
Friday, October 28, 2005 2:19 PM
I dont think the solenoid is designed to pull on the cable....

Depending on how long the cable is that comes w/ the trunk popper- you would have to mount it on your trunk lid somewhere-- Either to the left or to the right of the trunk latch..

Find the lever on the latch that moves when the trunk release is pulled- and hook your trunk popper to that-making sure the solenoid pulls the lever in the right direction.

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:35 PM
you should have just found a cavy in a junkyard with a stock popper...then you could just take the whole assembly and know exactly where everything mounts to

GO PATS!!!
Friday, October 28, 2005 2:46 PM
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:you should have just found a cavy in a junkyard with a stock popper...then you could just take the whole assembly and know exactly where everything mounts to
I'm having trouble finding a cav with an intact dash bezel to replace the one the theif broke to get my alpine, much less one that still has a popper. Hence the aftermarket popper.

-----
Friday, October 28, 2005 4:25 PM
i got a popper of a gm in the wrek yard for a dollar, it pull the cable just fine took the chole assembly
Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:28 AM
RedDevil wrote:I dont think the solenoid is designed to pull on the cable....

Depending on how long the cable is that comes w/ the trunk popper- you would have to mount it on your trunk lid somewhere-- Either to the left or to the right of the trunk latch..

Find the lever on the latch that moves when the trunk release is pulled- and hook your trunk popper to that-making sure the solenoid pulls the lever in the right direction.
Therein lies the problem: the whole assembly unlocking assembly is in a "box" with two inputs, one for the key and one for the interior lever.

I might make it easy on myself and disconnect the interior lever and use that point of entry.

-----
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:30 AM
If you are interested in a factory one, let me know i have a full setup.

Travis

--------------------------------------------
The Car is For Sale: Info? Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search