Manual Transmission - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Manual Transmission
Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:36 PM
A little over a month ago I was sitting in my 2005 Cavalier on a small grade of a hill. I went to pull out and I stalled out. I didn't know what happend so I went to push down the clutch and it was already pressed to the bottom of the floor. I stalled out again. I pulled it back up and it had very little pressure when I pressed it down. Somehow I pulled out into first gear and pulled off the side of the road. Got it towed to the shop. Turns out I needed a new clutch actuator. The mechanic said that something was rubbing up against my hydrolic tube and put a hole in it and I lost all of my hydrolic fluid. The total for the car getting fixed at the dealership was a little over $1,000. I needed some other stuff too. (towing, rental car, misc. parts that I forget) Anyway I was just wondering if this has happend to anyone else or if anyone has heard about it. There were only about 15,000 miles on it when this happend. Thanks.

Re: Manual Transmission
Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:17 PM
Yup... happens quite often, actually..... especially if you do engine bay mods around the clutch line area.... anything rubbing against it will kill it quickly.

Re: Manual Transmission
Friday, October 28, 2005 6:57 AM
thats odd. i've done plenty to mine, but idk what engine u have in yours. i have an 02 w/ the ECO in it. about 27k on it right now.

^ my cavy of course.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search