TCC solenoid location on 2.2L - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TCC solenoid location on 2.2L
Saturday, October 15, 2005 7:50 PM
I remember reading a post on the site a couple of weeks ago that said you could just unplug this from the trans., but where is it? Also, what color are the wires? Thanks.

Re: TCC solenoid location on 2.2L
Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:48 AM
This is an excellent article by Chuck Kichline which I used to change my TCC solenoid in a '93 2.2, just in case it helps.

I changed mine in a couple of hours or so and it was an interesting job.

I know this is for a Fiero but ours are almost identical

http://www.kichline.com/chuck/fiero/TCC.htm

Alont
Re: TCC solenoid location on 2.2L
Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:32 PM
for a cavalier:

its on the front bell housing to your transmission (facing the rad). You CAN just unplug it, but replacing it is very simple. (it will be a blue clip with about 5 or 6 wires on it)

To replace it, just take off your wheel, and inner splash gaurd. remove trannsmission side pan. there you will see 2 wires that run down to the bottom of the pan area... trace and unclip the wires... then there are 2 screws on the bottom of the unit. in my 90VL they were torque screws (or star bit). I had to take a star bit and put it on a small socket and ratchet to get them off.

then simply do the following steps in reverse order.

the wire will be a bitch to get in, i found its best to work from under the hood instead of thru the fenderwell.

Also you may need to jack the transmission up a little for easier acess.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR FLUID LEVEL WHEN DONE. YOU WILL DRIP SOME.

and keep in mind, i had a 1990 with the 3spd auto. im not sure if they changed the lay outs or not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search