ecm and wiring harness swap - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecm and wiring harness swap
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:27 PM
well how hard of a swap is it to go to a 2k wiring harness, ecm, bcm, and i/c?
can anyone give me details on how much in-dash work has to be done? and, what all can stay and what cant? etc. any help would be appreciated

Re: ecm and wiring harness swap
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:40 AM
i/c = intercooler?

Basically... strip the car to the metal... swap it over. If you have a 99 car with a 2.4L motor... it's worth it just to be able to bolt on the GM supercharger... but otherwise, it's really not worth the headache.

The brake module has to change... so you have to re-bend the brake lines... the airbags change.. there's more... but I can't think of it all right now.

...j

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:04 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:i/c = intercooler?

...j

I think he means instument cluster. Get with the program, John.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:29 PM
yeah its instrument cluster.... but i am boosted (turbo) and i need to kno how to do this so i can get the reflash
Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:53 AM
What year is your car?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 1:44 PM
Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:30 PM
Ok.. so all the wiring harnesses.. the airbag module.. the brake/abs module.. rebend the lines... change the first 02 sensor (on the manifold). 99 is one wire, 00 is two.

Just go to the wreckers... find a car with the same options as yours.. pull everything out. the dash and all the carpet comes out too.

the fuel tank plugs have to be drilled out (two rivets). everything else should be pretty easy.

Other than myself and Nate (c24s/c) I don't know too many people who've bothered to do it.

Friday, October 28, 2005 11:39 PM
i think i will just wait for hptuners and tune boost that way seems a little cheaper and easier... but thanks for all the help
Saturday, October 29, 2005 5:03 PM
Good luck with that... You may be waiting for a while...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search