noise from driverside door - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
noise from driverside door
Friday, October 28, 2005 10:08 AM
does anyone else no how to get rid of the wind noise coming from the driverside door when on the hight way ,, what you think a new weather strip or something ?????

Re: noise from driverside door
Friday, October 28, 2005 2:57 PM
my window does the same, is gotten really bad lately, today i rolled it up and im pretty sure its off track because there was a gap of about 1" between glass and the seals. but it is really annoying and im not sure of how to fix it.

Friday, October 28, 2005 4:23 PM
i dont know if it is my window or my door though ........asif
Friday, October 28, 2005 5:44 PM
I have the same problem, the weatherstripping is worn out and tends to get caught in the window when i roll it up. the best solution probably would be to replace it.

2001 Sunfire, 2.2L
Automatic
4Dr
Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:11 AM
same here.
and i remark that when i drop the window by maybe 1/2 inch, theres a funny noise when the heater is in function.
Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:19 AM
thought this had to be a common prob, as i have to cav's and same issue i will replace the weather stripping around the door and see if that make a difference,
Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:50 AM
Yeah, probably the weather stripping which isn't oo cheap as it all one peice. Mine kept getting pinched at the top (even with the new one). My ventvisors helped enough to reduce the noise though.

Another not so good design by GM (like the water pump's),

J
Saturday, October 29, 2005 11:37 AM
I brought mine to the dealer just after I got it because of this.. I think they readjusted the door.. Haven't had a problem since.
Monday, October 31, 2005 10:41 AM
ok i no for sure, the leak is coming from the window, i went through a touchless yesterday, WOW water soap everything , so i am going to call up the dealrship and see how much to get that fixed for for the replacemdent ruber @!#$, *
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search