racket pinion?? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
racket pinion??
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i had my car at goodyear about 2 or 3 days ago to get a allignment while i was there they said my racket pinion was going bad it is makeing a poping noise that you can hear when you turn the wheel. My question is about how much am i looking at to get this fixed anyone know? Its a 2000 cavalier 2.2

PaCavalier

*Sponsored* by
WWW.CUSTOMANDSOUND.COM
For all you polishing and coating need's

Re: racket pinion??
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:09 AM
Its a rack and pinion and if thet didn't tell you what exactly was wrong I'd get another opinion. Lots of "poping" noises can be fixed without the need for a whole new rack.
Find out whats wrong and go from there.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:48 AM
i had a popping when i turned the wheel. Some how I broke a gear in the middle steering shaft. $274 and an hour or 2 fixed. Have them check for that.

New sig in the works
Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:03 AM
Definetly get a 2nd opinion. If it is the rack & pinion, they are not cheap. AC Delco reman prices rough List estimate for just parts:

base suspension: $225
soft ride or active ride: $795
Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:10 PM
Get the steering colum lube before anything else.

then get another opinion

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:58 PM
look under your car and see if the boot going to the middle of the wheel, the cv boot is ripped. if it is feel the grease in there and see if it has debri if it does that's prolly your noise
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search