rockers - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rockers
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 6:12 PM
i cant remember if theres an adjustment nut and bolt on the rockers and if so anyone knows the proper specs for it .im gona remove the valve covers tomorrow and check for play at my valves .

sparky's fire

Re: rockers
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:05 PM
Not if you have a 2.4... it doesn't have roller rockers (or rockers at all), nor can you just pop off the valve cover and play with the valves, you need to remove the timing chain mechanism, cams, cam towers, and lifters.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:54 PM
this 2.4 engine is horible to work on ,i hate the design of it ,i guess i will be ripping the heads off this winter and figure out what my noise is .

sparky's fire
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:54 AM
sparky wrote:this 2.4 engine is horible to work on ,i hate the design of it ,i guess i will be ripping the heads off this winter and figure out what my noise is .

Why don't you take your car to a reputable mechanic for an honest opinion on your possible "noise"?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:49 PM
My experiance with that engine: try the serp belt tensioner (gets loose and starts rattling) or the timing belt tensioner (gets loose and lets the timing chain slap againt the timing case causing a mettalic clag).

Good luck

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search