Room in our 2003 Sunfire - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Room in our 2003 Sunfire
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:36 PM
So my boyfriend and I have a 2003 2 door sunfire. Now, the sunfire is lowered 2 inches, and there is 2 12" subs in a box in the trunk that take up quite a bit of room back there.

Now for my question... The people that have/or had babies, did you put your j-body completely back to stock when you had a baby, or did you leave it lowered? how did you modify it to fit strollers, etc in the trunk with sound equipment?

Any help or answers would be great, thanks.

Re: Room in our 2003 Sunfire
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:49 PM
Heh.. babies and subs.... there's something I just don't see everyday.... or... ever... actually....

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:23 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Heh.. babies and subs.... there's something I just don't see everyday.... or... ever... actually....

the subs are in a box that would have to be broken to get out of the trunk. Neither of us really use the subs anymore, they are just kinda there.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:48 AM
if you dont use them just take it out

Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:37 AM
just sell the subs and buy a nice stroller.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 10:56 AM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Heh.. babies and subs.... there's something I just don't see everyday.... or... ever... actually....

You see it EVERY day where I live...mostly teens/20somethings with their babies lots of young girls in the boyfriends thumping cars with their babies....all hanging out at the parking lot....anyways to answer the question. Take out the subs, or stash the stroller in the backseat, laying in the floorboard or something seeing as the baby and car seat will be in the seat.

JBOK.org & Insane-Customs.com
Thursday, October 13, 2005 2:01 PM
i had my subs in when i used to babysit my brother in law. he was never in my car as a newborn though. he was old enough (like 1 1/2) to tell me he couldn't hear the radio.

i don't know how big your box is, but i got his stroller into my trunk with my 10's. wasn't easy, but it worked. like stated above though, if you don't use them, just take 'em out. its unnecessary weight anyways.

one word of advice though, don't put the carseat in the middle of the back seat. its got that hump and makes it hard to get the seat secure. i was driving with him in my middle rear so i could see him. driving along, took a corner, didn't think anything. about 5 minutes later i hear "bri bri, bri bri, bri bri." stupid seat had fallen over. he was just chillin on his side. funny as hell.

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, October 15, 2005 6:53 PM
I'm having a kid in Feburary, I'm making a new box in a false floor in my trunk so that I can have the sub and fit the stroller in.
Hope this helps.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:55 PM
Like others said, removed the sub, but I think you should let the car lowered, it's safer that way because you have a better handling and everybody know that stock setup sucks. My opinion... Good Luck!!!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:50 PM
i had 2 RF 15s.....until i had to haul a stroller, then i went to one 12 kicker.

Neutiquam erro.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:33 PM
Actually, babies like vibrations...it calms them down. My exhaust is pretty loud, especially in the backseat and everytime I was on the highway with my nephew in the babyseat, he was fall asleep in 5 minutes without a doubt.

If you like the subs and want to use them, keep it. I personally would have taken out my backseat but need it for my son when I start driving him around

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:17 PM
If you do keep them. I would run them low (under 85 db). No sence in makeing the poor kid deff before he is even has a chance to grow up.
Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:57 PM
Russ B wrote:If you do keep them. I would run them low (under 85 db). No sence in makeing the poor kid deff before he is even has a chance to grow up.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:43 PM
or just wire a switch to your amp so you can turn it off when you have your baby in the car the subs wount be on at all you will just have stock speakers.

Xtreme PC Concepts Opening Up Soon In Decatur Indiana
Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:57 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:Actually, babies like vibrations...it calms them down. My exhaust is pretty loud, especially in the backseat and everytime I was on the highway with my nephew in the babyseat, he was fall asleep in 5 minutes without a doubt.

If you like the subs and want to use them, keep it. I personally would have taken out my backseat but need it for my son when I start driving him around

hehehe thats cool

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:20 PM
lowered J's with subs, exhausts, engine mounts.....and babies seems like a good combination for shaken baby syndrome. never heard of any such cases though.

if i were gonna be a daddy, the lowering springs and subs would definitely be gone. i have a couple friends who recently had or are going to have little ones and their cars went back to pretty much stock

Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:23 PM
i put my cav back to stock and my daughter is gonna be born in march........i have a sub but all i pretty much did was take the lowering springs off bounces too much

I AM the man from Nantucket
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:08 PM
build a special box and mount them on the sides in the back behind the wheel wells !

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/lman1.jpg
Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:50 AM
I would feel bad for the poor baby getting thier fragile ears damaged by bass....

Monday, October 31, 2005 11:11 PM
i have a friend with an 01, on sportlines with tokico hp's, they stayed but the duel twelves went

Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:43 PM
I kept my car lowered with the bandpass 2 10s box. I had to fight the stroller in the trunk, the back floor worked great unless other people wanted to ride back there. Ive done more to my car after she came than i did before. so there is no chance of going back to stock until i go to sell it.

Monday, November 07, 2005 9:40 PM
I was in the same boat 9 months ago. Sold the 2 12" subs that I had for one small 10", which actually sounds better anyways. I have my sub turned off with Kaden in the car. People that play loud music with innocent little babies inside, just makes me sick. Plus now I actually have room in my trunk. Stroller, golf bag ect.

It is a pain in the a$$ to get a kid seat in and out of my 2-door. I was going to sell it for another vehicle, but we decided othewise. (car is almost paid off & we usually take the G6 anyways w/baby Kaden).

I actually will be in the process of lowering the car this spring. But doing it correctly. Your reg isn't filled out so if you car is not lowered correctly I would replace it with stock suspension. Definately do not ride around with lowering springs/coilovers on your stock struts! Or get some aftermarket struts, Koni's or D-specs, that will handle a drop.

I have to agree with NJHK in regards to the exhaust! Mine isn't too loud, but louder than stock, and it puts Kaden right to sleep. Just my experience with the little guy.............

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search