help...please read - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help...please read
Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:18 PM
Ok I have aan 03ls sport auto with 42,000 miles. I used my ebrake because I parked on a hill last night and i got in the car this morning and my Brake and traction lights are on. They shut off whenever i pull the ebrake again, but they come back on whenever i disengage the ebrake. I did a search, and no one specifically had this same problem as me, so anyone have any idea about whats going on? the car drives fine still, but I dont want my brakes to fail sometime. help!!

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Re: help...please read
Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:35 PM
sounds like the ebrake swithc is wor5king backwards. take it to a shop or pull off your center console and check the switch

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:39 AM
Are you making sure that your ebrake is all the way down? I doubt that you never had any trouble before and then this one time you pull it up and things go wrong. Lift it up and down constantly and then leave it down and see if it clears.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:01 AM
no ive never used it before. im sure its all the way down. also when i kinda move it left to right and wiggle it a little bit, the light goes on and off. so maybe its something with the wires? is it hard to take off the middle console and make sure everything is grounded alright? thanks for the replies..

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:07 AM
Yeah, it sounds like the switch. Take the center consolde apart and check it out.
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:42 AM
The E-brake cable may be corroded and binding, not allowing it to totally release. Try some penetrating oil in the cable and work it back and forth. Good luck.
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:58 PM
yah i finally took the middle console apart and realized that when i pulled up on it, the clip for the sensor broke off. (i think thats what my husband said it was) but anyhow, he fixed it and not the light has been gone ever since then. i dont think ill use it ever again. lol thanks for all the replies =)

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search