where to locate a donor vehicle - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
where to locate a donor vehicle
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:01 PM
basically I'm looking for a rear ended 03-05 cavalier with a 5 speed tranny and ABS

I'm not only doing a motor swap, but I'm looking for HVAC controls, interior fuse panel, etc

I want the engine, tranny, bcm, ecu, wiring harness, and all that jazz... I can find salvage yards with engines or trannys but what I really need is a wrecked car to park next to my 2002 for the swap.

Where do I call to find one of these? every place i've tried so far just carries engines or trannys, no wiring..... I need some hints

I'm in the NJ area btw

Re: where to locate a donor vehicle
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:58 PM
Hey Squirrel did you kill your cam or what did you find out the cause of the noise was?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:59 PM
Oh and how about a rolled one?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 5:14 PM
rolled ones are not a good idea. because fluids go places there not support to. a rear hit will be really hard to find, every cav in the world gets hit in the nose.
anyway on with the car i found.
as some of you know i work for an insurance company. we have a 2004 cav sedan base model with 35,000 kms on it sitting in the to-go-to-auction-yard. its a total loss that we paid out. its been hit on the drivers side in the rear door HARD the rear door,quarter,roof,trunk.rear clip, pass quarter.... ect ect are done its beyond rebuild but it runs and is complete aside from the damage. the bags are not blown and the front end is complete and intact. i can buy total losses from work for there starting auction price. i will find out what they want for it. if your interested in it. this is one of two cavs and sunfires thats not been hit front end iv seen since i started there
let me know

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:06 PM
I am

I'm looking for

ecotec
5 speed
ABS preferrably
all engine wiring harness(es)
ECU
BCM
and HVAC wiring and HVAC itself if I can

Quote:

Jackalope
Yesterday 4:58 PM

Hey Squirrel did you kill your cam or what did you find out the cause of the noise was?

Hey jack

at this point I don't even care anymore. The engine only has to last a few more weeks....

I'm so fed up with the OHV the only solution to the problem I accept is doing a motor swap. I'm tired of chasing down noises and oddities on this engine. I only run high 15s and I have to follow a maintenence schedule like a 10 second car, its unacceptable.

I mod, then fix it. Fix again, then fix something else. Do a few mods, then have to fix 5 other things. Its bull@!#$. So many parts fail so often I'm tired of dealing with it. I'd have to drop like 3,000 just to get the car to run like stock again. Screw that. I'm tired of having to put up with noises on an engine with lackluster performance. Its time to upgrade to a REAL engine.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:04 AM
Sorry to hear it man that blows. Well anyway there were 2 ECOTEC Cavy's and a Sunfire that are down at Crazy Rays junk yard in Jessup MD. Both Cavy's were roll overs and the Sunfire looked like a pro football team used it for blocking practice. Last
I was down there they were all complete cars so if you'd like me to check them for you I should be going there this weekend. I'll get mileage and stuff for you. Also are you looking for a 5spd or auto? I'm guessing 5spd if you want to race it. Just let me know but it looks like you may have several cars from which to choose.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:06 AM
STOLEN!!!! wrote:rolled ones are not a good idea. because fluids go places there not support to. a rear hit will be really hard to find, every cav in the world gets hit in the nose.
anyway on with the car i found.
as some of you know i work for an insurance company. we have a 2004 cav sedan base model with 35,000 kms on it sitting in the to-go-to-auction-yard. its a total loss that we paid out. its been hit on the drivers side in the rear door HARD the rear door,quarter,roof,trunk.rear clip, pass quarter.... ect ect are done its beyond rebuild but it runs and is complete aside from the damage. the bags are not blown and the front end is complete and intact. i can buy total losses from work for there starting auction price. i will find out what they want for it. if your interested in it. this is one of two cavs and sunfires thats not been hit front end iv seen since i started there
let me know

hmmmmm, i could sure use some of that interior. like dash, dash pad, gauge bezel, rear deck. id throw down money on buying it if you guys wanna do that. Stolen, is it in GTA?

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:08 AM
go to salvagedirect.com. you can buy whole cars there that were wrecked. some arent that bad. you might be able to find a good one out of there

Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:01 PM
Quote:

I'm looking for

ecotec
5 speed
ABS preferrably
all engine wiring harness(es)
ECU
BCM
and HVAC wiring and HVAC itself if I can

let me know what you find jack

i'm still trying to find something local... hopefully i'll find gold before my engine takes a @!#$

Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:49 PM
Let me tell you a front end wreck car is fine. I have done 2 ecotec swaps and both car had front end damage. That is not a big deal. Also why do you want the HVAC controls??

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:02 PM
hey pj .. man .. it sucks that u quit on the 2200 ... i'm not gonna lie ur car was my inspiration for buildin my 2200 . but i have to agre with u on its not worth it . i bought a spare head and block for 300 and before i decided to dump more money into it i decided not to . i got a good deal on a 96 toyota supra for 7 grand . i almost did the swap to a 2.4 but i decided not to cause i feel that there is a lot that can go wrong with swappin motors if not done right . so .... yeah ... well hey good luck with the swap man . sorry to hear the 2200 project didn't work but it didn't work for me either . well i g2g now and call the dude with the supra. lata

Thursday, November 10, 2005 9:34 PM
yep its in our yard outside of toronto the rear deck is damaged beyond repair everything else you want eazy should be ok let me know

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Friday, November 11, 2005 5:16 AM
what do you think the car would go for??

Fred Ohlson "The people that devised this cruel attempt
at acceptance and fame burn in there honda civics"
Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:56 AM
http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=587583&bhcp=1

cavy:bagged easystreet front, bags to be in in back soon, tubd, 18s.
celica gt-s:6speed, AEM Cold air, hi flow cat, muffler deletion, NGK plugs, Carbon fiber headliner, B&M shift kit, sportline 2.2" drop, factory rear disk brakes 1/4: 14.5sec. top speed: 145mph
Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:59 AM
http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=587411&bhcp=1

sorry for DP. This one is front damage, and will go for maybe a little bit mor emoney than you want to give for it, but the front is only front driverside, not engine bay, (The hood is about perfect if that gives you an idea)

celica gt-s:6speed, AEM Cold air, hi flow cat, muffler deletion, NGK plugs, Carbon fiber headliner, B&M shift kit, sportline 2.2" drop, factory rear disk brakes 1/4: 14.5sec. top speed: 145mph
Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:33 PM
alex i appreciate the effort but...

Quote:

TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) Online
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:01 PM

basically I'm looking for a rear ended 03-05 cavalier with a 5 speed tranny

both those cars are too old an automatic.. but again thanks for the consideration

I've found the stuff i need thanks to everyone for their help

Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:47 PM
poop.

thought that counts? lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search