99 cav deck install Q - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99 cav deck install Q
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:44 PM
i've got a 99 Z24, the deck i am trying to install in my car is too long. where the deck is suposed to go there is a hard plastic piece in the back that only sticks up a little bit its got a little metal rivet in the middle holding to pieces together. that piece in the back is connected to the base where the deck would sit on. i am wondering if it is ok to trim the piece in the back off allowing room for the deck. i just want to make sure thats not some sort of crucial piece that is holding the lower dash together. i have gotten advice from some friends who say it should be alright to trim the rivet out.

Re: 99 cav deck install Q
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:09 AM
what installation kit are you using ? i had to get one that stuck out a little from the dash bezel , i have a couple of buddies that rimmed theirs out and they havent had any problems , but i wouldnt do it to mine i went and got a different kit , but it is up to you what you want to do with your stereo ! !

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/lman1.jpg
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:58 AM
Well my pioneer was too long till i used a dremel, I couldn't find a hit that could accommodate the length so I dremeled the back thing flat, hope that makes sense.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:55 PM
^ ^ ^ i did the same thing with my pioneer headunit... I just took a dremel and cut that piece straigt across. The rivet is conneted to a metal piece that goes down to the ashtray. Once i cut the plastic i just bent that piece back some and the headunit fit in there perfectly.

Friday, November 18, 2005 12:19 PM
I didn't have a dremal when I did mine. I used wire cutters and muscle to cut mine out.

Friday, November 18, 2005 7:34 PM
Sawzall!

Monday, November 21, 2005 9:01 AM
thanx guys!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search