2.2 water pump - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 water pump
Monday, November 21, 2005 7:06 PM
i've looked everywhere i could think of on these forums, I've seen dozens of questions for 2.4L galore, but I haven't seen a forum on what i need...

does anyone have any useful tips or directions on how to replace my 98 2200's water pump?

I already know I'm going to have to remove the alternator and it's braket and take the belt off, but is that it?

Re: 2.2 water pump
Monday, November 21, 2005 10:20 PM
You dont have to take the alternator off. Just loosen the pulley. The h2o pump for the 2.2 is real easy. Loosen the belt, remove the water pump, get rid of the old gasket, then put the new in. Once that is done, put the belt back on and tighten the pulley.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 10:11 AM
^^ what she said.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:58 PM
really easy on the 2.2's. what i did was take off my passenger side tire and took out the plastic liner right there and then everything is right there. very simple to do

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:17 PM
FIRST id drain the coolant via the drain (aka the petcock) on the pass side of the radiator, and have a pan under the water pump when you take that off too. there'll still be a little coolant in the engine. getting the gasket off might be a pain in the ass, but it'll probably leak if you dont get it all off. Id also recomend you get a new one instead of a remanufactured one, usually not too much more. finally, getting all the air out of the system is a bitch with my 99 2200, i usually drive it a little, then bleed air through a bleeder screw to the right of the engine, a few times, until its not overheating/running warm, and keep adding coolant as necessary. Have fun.

Josh Hess
SCCV #222
www.sccv.org
www.vermontracing.com
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:27 PM
hey, thanks for the advice, but where is that bleeder screw at?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search