question - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question
Monday, December 05, 2005 4:57 PM
i bought a adjustable fuel preasure regulator for my 1996 cav 2.2 and i was wondering do i take off the stock fuel preasure regualtor or do i leave it on

some one told me that i install it on the retun lins which makes no sense

any help would be great

1996 cav 2.2l with medium mods

Re: question
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 2:37 AM
How comes you need an FPR if you don't mind me asking?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:07 PM
just like to add one so i can get a litle more power and when i install a tubo here some time soon i will have that part done ...... do u recommend bigger injectors if i increse the presure like what kind and who makes them and a website address if posable

1996 cav 2.2l with medium mods
Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:36 PM
Z24god wrote:just like to add one so i can get a litle more power and when i install a tubo here some time soon i will have that part done ...... do u recommend bigger injectors if i increse the presure like what kind and who makes them and a website address if posable

Your injectors are fine right now. The hard part with boosting a 96-97 2.2 OHV is that you have side-feed injectors, not top feed injectors like the 2200s (98-2002). There is currently no aftermarket company that makes them. I would ask in the performance forum or search there, how do you do a conversion.

As far as putting on the FPR now, there is no need to. Adding more fuel doesn't always mean "more power", that's the biggest misconseption that most people have. You could be running on just enough fuel and by you turning it up will make you run Richer and decrease performance because your overflowing your motor with fuel.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search