gilles..what gas you use on your ho - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gilles..what gas you use on your ho
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:42 PM
hey man..just wondering what gas you use...87...89?? ive heard bad things about running a HO on 87 but i seem to run it fine...i never believed in getting the higher grade without warrant

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.

Re: gilles..what gas you use on your ho
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:48 PM
I ran 87 in my HO, but it would probably run better on 93 since it's 10:1 compression.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:21 PM
i was planning on running 93 or 94 octane only when i get "BETTY" DONE

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:40 PM
yea...i definetly will be using 93 only when the stroker is in..but till then ive heard of trouble from lower octane....i just wanted to hear it from others that they used 87 as well..thanks

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 4:09 AM
91 and sometime 94. Nothing else. It even say in the dash to use premium only.

What kind of compression will you be running? If you run 10:1 10.5:1, 91 will be fine.

If you run 11:1 +, use 92-94 octane.

I wouldn't use 87 unless you want to burn alot of gas and have no power.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:38 AM
thanks gilles..im running my HO in a cav so it doesnt say that on my dash i know i cant run anything lower than 93 on the stroker which is i THINK 11 5 1 ? but for the time being i guess ill stick with 89-93

FACT : It is our American RIGHT to own a GUN but not to drive a car.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for saftey deserves neither Freedom nor safety!" - Benjamin Franklin
"The real destroyer of liberties is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch
Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:05 AM
I run 87 for the trips to work, but otherwise it's got to be premium.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 2:49 AM
^^ why not just spend the extra quarter every tank to get premium?

Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:06 AM
QUARTER??? come on man, you live in cali, extra quarter per gallon, so make that like 3 more bucks to fill up, not a whole lot, but deff more than a quarter.

Sigga what?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 5:42 PM
i would spend the little bit more keep all the gs the same and keep it clean, i never got good results from mixing gas i always find my car run a bit off

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:54 AM
ummm, because I have 3 kids, a house payment, and my wife stays at home, so I'm not wasting the $.30 per gallon to just drive to work. if I go out for a weekend trip or whatever I'll use the good stuff, but why waste the money for the commute.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:31 AM
unless the engine has any kind of work to it, you should really run 87. the engines are designed to run on 87.

wasnt there already a big thread on this?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:08 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]unless the engine has any kind of work to it, you should really run 87. the engines are designed to run on 87.

wasnt there already a big thread on this?

The HO engines where designed to run on Premium. It says so on the dash, it says so on the gas filler, it says so in the owner's manual. Its not only the Compression, its the Ignition map as well.

Now for the 2.4, I run 89.......... some places its Mid-grade, or Regular...... unless its turbo, then its 93 and nothing else.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:20 PM
^^ amen brother

FACT : It is our American RIGHT to own a GUN but not to drive a car.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for saftey deserves neither Freedom nor safety!" - Benjamin Franklin
"The real destroyer of liberties is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search