what rpms do u shift at when racing - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: what rpms do u shift at when racing
Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:49 PM
Quote:

houldnt the 2.4L have say a higher redline?

the 2.4 doesnt have a higher redline because the it doesnt make any power above that rpm...that and its dangerous for the 2.4 to rev higher

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.
FACT : It is our American RIGHT to own a GUN but not to drive a car.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for saftey deserves neither Freedom nor safety!" - Benjamin Franklin
"The real destroyer of liberties is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:47 PM
well i am hoping at the end of the month after all the christmas crap i can order my 347 for my mustang i have already rewored my heads, ordered the timiing chain, double valve springs intake manifold and many many more things and i will be shooting for at least 300 rwhp and more with my 100 shot

i would love to race ur cavi if u lived near ky i think it would be one heck of race considered ur car is so much lighter i am glad to there is some people that drive a 4cyc car that i wouldn't consider rice. i mean some of these morons around slap a muffler and a CAI and think there sh** is fast its hilarious. for example i have an already guy at work that thinks he actually beat me in his 05 impala its a 6cyc bone stock and get this is putting up 100 dollars cause he says he is going to eat my pony up and thats quoted. its going to be the easiet 100 bucks ihave ever earned. good luck with the stroker btw keep us updated

95 Mustang GT
check it out
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/793525
Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:52 AM
you shift at redline. even thought it doesnt make any more power.... it but is in a better powerband for the next gear.
i have a 2.4 and i shift at 6000-6200 and true. doesnt feel like much power going that high. but when you shift and your rpms lands in the right rpm.. say 3500 rpms or higher. you feel the pickup.
Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:40 AM
Quote:

i would love to race ur cavi if u lived near ky i think it would be one heck of race

might not be impossible...considering ill be in wv in a month or so
Quote:

you shift at redline. even thought it doesnt make any more power.... it but is in a better powerband for the next gear.

^^hit the nail on the head there

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for saftey deserves neither Freedom nor safety!" - Benjamin Franklin
"The real destroyer of liberties is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch
Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:21 PM
Jackalope wrote:Squirrel. In looking at the dyno graph supplied by G.M. in the 2005 performance parts book the ECOTEC drops power in stock form around 5800 I believe it was. Torque drops off after around 4500. So shifting after you've passed your peak power point will slow you down. Now I haven't dynoed my car so I have no idea where its power and is after I've made all the mods that I have so far thats why I still go off the chart G.M. gives.

Not trying to start with you at all I was just giveing my reasoning.

Power could be dropping off, but shifting too early drops you out of the power band, which can cause you to lose a race.
In my 2.4 I shift out of first around 6k, every other gear is at the rev limiter. You might not want to listen to me, because I only run 14's in my N/A cavy so I really do not know anything.

FU Tuning

Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:26 PM
Hmm? I'll give that a try next race season. Thanks all, Guess you guys helped me too.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:32 PM
i shift right around the 6500 mark, but thats only cuz it seems to be building boost best at that point.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:25 PM
that'd be awesome cause my car should be back together around the end of jan hopefully

did u check out my car on my link scott?

95 Mustang GT
check it out
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:07 PM
lol dude i love the last page lol specially the all show----all go , sign
and (being a chevy guy) its good to see someone who actually "builds" their mustang instead of assuming its a muscle car simply cus it has a pony on the grill ( im sure you know the type) id love to drive it when your finished

Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:08 PM
i can't see that happening and yea i do know the type. there is a guy around here that has a pretty much stock mustang with spray that thinks his stuff is the s**t and my projec won't be done motor wise at least for another year or two cause of the power adder i am saving up for. i am going for about 66mm turbo running around 10psi of boost to driving around and more when i race. i should be around at least 500-600 at the wheels when i get the turbo

95 Mustang GT
check it out
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search