Timing chain tentioner questions - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Timing chain tentioner questions
Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:34 AM
I reaplaced the water pump on the 2.4 quad engine and when I put it all back to gether the timing chain is loose on the right side of the crank pully and raddles when started for about 3 to 5 seconds. the tentioner body is stamped with " see manual to resetl" I cant figure out what that means.... I dont know why there is no tention on the tentioner. If you know why this is happening let me know!

Re: Timing chain tentioner questions
Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:26 PM
It means that it is spring loaded. You have to push the part(dont know what its called) back into the body that says see manual.. You have to push it all the way down and stick a small nail into the hole until you get the tightness you want when re-installing it back into the timing housing. After that take the nail out of the hole and then it should be tight..

^^ Thats what I gather from the Haynes manual.. Thats how I did it on my sisters neon.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Re: Timing chain tentioner questions
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:02 PM
Yeah I figured it out!! Thanks though! The quad engine I was working on is in my dads grand am, I have a 92 cavalier 2.2L, those quad 4s can be a pain to work on!! But anyway! My car might be slow but at least its easy to work on!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search