sunfire se beats cavi 2.4 - Page 3 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: sunfire se beats cavi 2.4
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:08 PM
Skinny J wrote:Ok here you guys go have fun with it cause it is true. Both my auto sunfire SE's 99 and 02 out ran every stock 5spd Z24 and GT at the strip, and all I had done was an intake and exhaust, all right now let's see the flaming, I'm gonna love this.....

BTW whoever said they didn't offer the 3spd in 99 needs to do some research, it was available in all 3rd gen 2.2 OHV's till the eco became standard....

Later kids,
Skinny J

Thank you.!!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:51 PM
not to flame but i cant believe this is even being argued...i mean..a 115hp car out running a 150hp car that both weigh the same...this should be a no brainer....i want to talk to the gurl he raced...that should clear things up...where is the girl?? BRING OUT THE GIRL!!

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.
FACT : It is our American RIGHT to own a GUN but not to drive a car.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for saftey deserves neither Freedom nor safety!" - Benjamin Franklin
"The real destroyer of liberties is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:52 PM
Mike Clemente wrote:
Skinny J wrote:Ok here you guys go have fun with it cause it is true. Both my auto sunfire SE's 99 and 02 out ran every stock 5spd Z24 and GT at the strip, and all I had done was an intake and exhaust, all right now let's see the flaming, I'm gonna love this.....

BTW whoever said they didn't offer the 3spd in 99 needs to do some research, it was available in all 3rd gen 2.2 OHV's till the eco became standard....

Later kids,
Skinny J

Thank you.!!!!

Time slips? I'm not asking that to flame either of you, but there is more than enough BS posted on this site that comments like this won't hold ground unless proved.

Blown.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 3:57 PM
By the way, Skinny J, you don't have the 2.2 OHV like Mike Clemente does.

And the timeslips request still stands. If not, then this post has gone on too long (the original question of "is my car a factory freak" has been answered).

Blown.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:52 AM
We want time slips.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:55 AM
Mike Clemente wrote:im just saying what is going on why did i beat a 2.4 i know there not 2secs faster than my car i kept up with a ecotec right on his back bumper the whole race except for off the line thats where he got me on his bumper.

i have the ecotec and the ohv 4 speed isn't even close to the ecotec and your 3 speed

hahahahaha yeah right little boy

http://www.myspace.com/crdaonline Ecotec and 5 speed swap
2200 engine with trans,wiring,computer and axels, make offer
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:01 AM
Mike Clemente JBO

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:50 PM
Extream 4door wrote:Maybe the chick wasn't strong enough to push down the throttle all the way?
Maybe she was pulling a trailer?
Maybe it was a z22 with one heck of a large heavy system in the back?
Maybe she weighs 800lbs and had three other people in the car (all that size) and the power to weight ratio was better in your car?
Maybe she tried shifting manually, and couldn't figure out how to shift out of first?
Maybe she left the e-brake on?
Maybe her car is REALLY broken?
Or maybe your car is magical? I watched the new Love Bug movie. Herbie beat a vette, GTO, and Nascar... so anything is possible with magic!

ps
Lindsay Lohan is hot in that movie.

maybe vin deisel is his mechanic

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:36 PM
Quote:

BRING OUT THE GIRL!!

FACT : Statistics show that you are more likely to to be hit by lightning than to die street racing.
FACT : It is our American RIGHT to own a GUN but not to drive a car.
"Those who would sacrifice freedom for saftey deserves neither Freedom nor safety!" - Benjamin Franklin
"The real destroyer of liberties is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:11 PM
i will bring this post back up when i go to the track in the spring
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:32 AM
it is simple a number game, if it is possible then race a different car, maybe her tranny slipped or did not shift , held the gear to long, to prove it is not the driver swithc drivers, simple stuff, wierd @!#$ happens maybe you are right you be "THAT" 4spd, but can you beat another

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:45 PM
Ok this is the last time im going to say this i beat the girl she was made cuz she was 6cars be hind me when i hit 85 so there u go and im sure it was a z24 cuz i seen the engine. why the hell would i lie about this? she did beat me off the line until i hit 45mph thats when i hit second then as soon as i hit 3500 rpms i started pulling bad on her. i pull on alot of gt's auto and manual z24s auto and manual since this and everyone i have raced has been stock and they all get beat. the 5spds arent as bad there only like 4cars but still. My friend had a 1989 cutlass calis and he ran a 15.5 in the quarter in his 4door with 2 other people in it and he had the 3spd too with a shift kit it was the quad 4 lo version too. he rode in my car and said that it is as fast as his cutlass. i am going to run this car and prove this to u guys. by the way i believe im in a 15.7 15.8 cuz if u ever read up on a 1989 mx6 non turbo 5spd thats what they run and im dead even with them
Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:57 PM
Mike, I mean this sincerely, you're wasting your time. I'm going to be frank with you, no one believes you and no one will until you show timeslips, vids, anything to validate your claims. Don't get angry at us for not believing you; this is the internet, people lie all the time, most of the people here aren't going to be swayed by comments that don't seem realistic. I'm saying this because I want to save you the trouble of arguing and not because I want to pick a fight with you.

If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to ask. You could also reach me on AIM, email, or PM. Remember, we're not denying your claims because we want to be difficult, the reason is because we weren't born yesterday and we're not going to believe a somewhat outrageous claim made by someone we don't know.

Blown.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:51 PM
ok thats a good idea im going to get a vid of this and show u and laugh at all u that said i couldent.
Monday, January 09, 2006 4:34 PM

According to your profile, neither one of your cars are stock. Your 99 has a 2.4L in it. Your 02 has Zex dry nitrous system (55 shot). I guess you would be beating stock 2.4L at the track. You are not stock!!

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Monday, January 09, 2006 8:00 PM
Mike Clemente wrote:ok thats a good idea im going to get a vid of this and show u and laugh at all u that said i couldent.

I think you're taking everything to heart when you really shouldn't. This is the internet, people make outrageous claims all the time. Do a search for threads on the name "Jordan Kruger", especially in the Versus forum, and you'll see what I'm talking about. And, again, if you ever have questions about modding, let me know and I'll be glad to help you out.

Blown.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:49 PM
you know that woman drivers are lighter some one in indy had a fit about danica patrick cuz she is lighter then the men drivers .anyways what have u done and what shape is your ride in . if she does not race as often as u then her engin may not be as tired and wore out as hers .take some pounds off your car and leave all the other seats but the driver seat at home and take the big ol speakers out when u race.also some ez mods like different sized pullys grunding system plugs wires coils intake and exhaust will do alot in hp boost big time .also know your car whell enough like when to shift and how much power to put down when comming off the line .burning ruber may seem fun but it is loss of traction and wasted hp that could be used for going down the track
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:25 PM
Mike Clemente wrote:Ok this is the last time im going to say this i beat the girl she was made cuz she was 6cars be hind me when i hit 85 so there u go and im sure it was a z24 cuz i seen the engine.

I thought you said 4 car lengths in the first post...?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search