p0141 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
p0141
Monday, December 19, 2005 10:52 AM
Sensor 2 Heater Cicuit Malfunction. I know I have an exhaust leak in the engine bay that may or may not be the exhaust manifold. I've noticed the leak since about Thursday. Drove the car all weekend, but this morning the Check Engine Light came on. I went to Autozone to check the code and what you see above is what popped.

My question is as follows: Would the exhaust leak cause this code to pop or are they two separate failures?

Thanks in advance.

Re: p0141
Monday, December 19, 2005 3:43 PM
No. Either something is wrong with the wiring for the heater, or the heaters is shot.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:52 AM
The CEL was on all day yesterday and this morning when I took it to the dealer (warranty), the light went out. I guess I'll have to see what happens.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:38 PM
im getting this code along with o2 sensor.. i would rec. changing o2 sen if u havent already

Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:47 PM
i would recommend testing the sensor before changing it. it may be a poor heater ground or a short someplace. check the heater wires at the connector closest to the ho2s if you can find a spec for them. then you can tell if it's the ho2s or the wiring. no need to replace something if it's not the problem. at least, that's what i'd do.

-john
Friday, December 23, 2005 12:30 AM
does anyone know if the o2 #2 sensor sim effects smog at ALL?

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:35 PM
The light still hasn't come back on. Next time it comes on, it's going to the dealersince it is still under warranty.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search