Weird sound - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird sound
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:12 AM
I have a question, when my car warms up, after the idle drops a bit, the sound of my exhaust sounds like its just pushing air out. Dont really hear the sound i want. I have a Bomz muffler. Do you think i should replace the muffler. Which kind do you recomend. If i put a DC Sports header, high flow cat, and a magnaflow muffler, will the sound go away. I have a mitsibishi eclipse turbo resonator on right know also. The piping is 2/12 inches after the cat and stock up to the cat. Help me out please. Sorry if my problem is hard to understand.

Re: Weird sound
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:20 AM
Um, I was always under the impression that the exhaust while the car is running allways has air being pushed out. Its known as EXHAUST.

I don't get your first sentence but the rest makes sence. I had those chrome canister style with the straight thru flow didn't like them at all. Now I have a set of turbo style mufflers and I like the sound. This is vary subjective and the best thing I can tell you
is to look around and see if anyone has stuff fro you to listen to in person. You can't tell
how it really sounds from a sound clip on line.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:28 AM
is ur problem that it is not making like a low tone rumble sound at idle?..if thats it you might try a V8 or some kinda muscle car mufflers

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:05 PM
I know what exhaust is Jackalope, but Brandon is right, it is not making that familiar rumble sound. When i hear my cousins car idling, he has that rumble sound. I saw this magnaflow on a cavalier once, I liked the way the magnaflow muffler sounded, it also looked just like my muffler.

P.S.
Just wondering for curiosity sake Jackalope, in another forum, you were talking to a guy about street racing, that you used to have a firebird and that it topped out at around 180, can i ask where did you try that at? Once again, im not tring to start anything, im just wondering.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search