sunfire gas line - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunfire gas line
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 8:16 PM
1 of my line is leaking but i dont know exactly wich line it is(i called canadian tire and they told me theres 3 hoses for that). its the one who goes from the tank(just behind the passenger rear wheel) and connecting to a metal pipe placed under the rocker on the drivers side.i have to change that hose but, i need to know the diameter and how many feets would be required to do the job.
thx!

Re: sunfire gas line
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:35 PM
anyone?
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:39 PM
Measure it.

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:54 PM
yeah...i could measure it...but the car is parked at my mom's house,1 hours from here. i got to bring a hose but i need the dimension,since theres no garage next to her house.
Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:40 PM
Hi

can not see by you profile whar car we are talking about.

Anyway I have replaced the three lines from front to back in a 1993 2.2.
The assembly was 160 Canadian dollars from the GM dealer-it also includes the two brake lines from front to back.

There is a fuel supply 3/8th inch outside diameter

Fuel return to tank 3/8ths inch outside diameter

and a breather line which i would guess is 1/4 OD, this goes to the front right side of the engine bay and the carbon filter there.

You could go to NAPA and buy some 3/8ths Fuel Injector rubber hose and some hose clips for this rubber tubing and do a temporary fix

Hope this helps

Alont
Friday, December 30, 2005 1:45 PM
ok ive bought the hose,a 3/8,but i cant figure how to remove the hose on the top of the tank. theres no space so i wonder if i have to take the tank out or theres another way to do it
its a 95 sunfire
Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:38 PM
Sorry didn't realize you were talking about the TANK rubber hose.

I think this hose is supplied with the tank and you would have to drop the tank to fix it-if it's fixable.
Where exactly is the leak, have you established that yet?

Alont
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search