Wierd idle - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wierd idle
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:49 AM
After i put the intake on my car, the idle fluctuates from about 900 to 1300 rpms. What do you'll think it could be?

Re: Wierd idle
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:47 PM
Sounds like you damaged your IAC, the little plug with the wires that goes into the intake tube. (Idle Air Control)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:29 PM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:Sounds like you damaged your IAC, the little plug with the wires that goes into the intake tube. (Idle Air Control)

Thats not the IAC, thats the IAT, Intake Air Temperature sensor. The IAC is a little motor that sits in the throttle body and pulls a plunger in or out, and controls the idle.

I'd drive it around a little bit and see if it goes away, I had a high idle on my car when I did the HO manifold conversion, but it went away with some driving.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, December 29, 2005 6:32 AM
After a while of driving, it does go down and idle sorta normal. But then ill be sitting at a stop light and it will do it again.
Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:03 AM
Well maybe the gas mileage and this are related. What else have you done to this poor little car ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:17 AM
A buddys car did that, but it was his mass air sensor, he changed it and it went away, but it started doing again after a few months

04 Cav 2.2 Ecotec
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:31 AM
Check ur vacume line infront of the thottle body had the same problem- is ur engin light on? if the line is off it will idle strange rev up rev down
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:15 AM
throttle position sensor

FACT : Statistics show that that you are more likely to be hit by lightning than to die in a street race.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:56 PM
yeah my 96 Z24 does it after the intake i put on.... some times my car makes a diesel car sound its wierd....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search