2.4l engine rebuild? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4l engine rebuild?
Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:44 PM
i was searching and didn't find a sticky for a 2.4 engine rebuild and wanted to know if there are any or if anyone knows all what would be needed for a rebuild. i plan on boosting my car in the near future but i wanted to build on the engine before hand so it would be able to hold the boost without hurting my engine or trashing my tranny. one time is enough.

Re: 2.4l engine rebuild?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:31 PM
Good call Most people boost first, break stuff, then ask questions later!

Basic stuff would be upgrading the bottom end... new pistons, rods, pins, etc. Upgrading the crank is an option as well, but most of the time the stock one will hold up just fine (it really depends on how much power you WANT to run in the end).

Top end would be the head work... port, polish, oversize stainless steel valves, valve springs, lifters, etc... no point in replacing locks or retainers.

Karo at Car Customs can get you just about everything there and more. Maybe A+ as well. Don't waste your time with Mantapart, but look at their site to weigh your options.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:32 PM
Oh.. and I forgot...

ALL THE GASKETS!! I spend a good $200 on gaskets. While you've got it apart... replace the water pump, timing chain and assembly parts, etc.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:42 PM
Im doing this as we speak(along with the swap) Like John said above are good places to start. Im spending a heck of alot more because my spare motor needs stock accessories along with aftermarket.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:27 PM
thanks for the input and if there's any additional info that i should know let me know again thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search