Car wont peel out - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Car wont peel out
Monday, May 21, 2007 11:31 AM
is this good for a tranny rebuilt

autozone tranny rebuild kit.

Will this make my engine stronger?

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:33 PM
MizzenMast wrote:is this good for a tranny rebuilt

autozone tranny rebuild kit.

Will this make my engine stronger?

will a tranny rebuilt kit make your engine stronger? sure just as neutral dropping your car makes you look cool

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:52 AM
Hey mizzan... a rebuild kit is for replacing commonly worn parts of a tranny to refubish a "taken car of" tranny back to new, not make anything stronger, although it might contain to parts you need to fix your tranny if your lucky. It sounds like you really don't know much at all about cars so here's some advice. DONT TRY TO FIX IT YOURSELF, if you even manage to get the tranny apart, automatic tranny's are so complicated that you might as well be looking at a human brain. (I've never even learned to really work on them, thats almost a degree in itself). Have someone that KNOWS what there doing work on it (professional). A new tranny will cost more than having it rebuilt unless you find a great deal somehow. Your just going to have to accept that if you want to fix your car, your going to have to drop a crap load of cash into it...sorry man. For reference, it cost me $1200 the have the tranny rebuilt in my 88 Taurus I used to have. Broken automatic tranny's are never cheap to have fixed.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:55 PM
StrippedCav98 (Now Quotable) wrote:

holy @!#$! great thread.

i think the error is between the pedal and driver seat

My thought exactly!

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:48 PM

Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:49 PM
I don't know where to begin..

If you want to "peel out" you need a car with more power, and most definitely not one with the engine over the drive wheels. A car like, oh.. mine I suppose. *looks at sig*, anyways...

Dude, if there are no symptoms of your car running bad or your transmission slipping, just leave it alone and drive the car.. Cavaliers weren't really made with high performance in mind.

1983 Camaro Z28
Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:51 PM
RobMan 41 - Project GXP wrote:

awesome picture

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:04 PM
You don't have to have RWD to peel out. It helps and is easier but you don't need it.

Z24 + Shiftplus Kit = plenty of time killing tires

Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:00 PM
A.15 wrote:You don't have to have RWD to peel out. It helps and is easier but you don't need it.

Z24 + Shiftplus Kit = plenty of time killing tires

not exactly.....with his and with his tranny condition....put some clorox on the road + around your front tires, power brake until 3000rpm....and let go the brake......smoke everywhere...i guess
Friday, May 25, 2007 1:24 PM
if you want to peel out your going to have too bo 3 things...

1. better tires - i like the douglass tires, they peel out real easy.

2. a speed chip from ebay. a speed ship will put you up an extra 25-30 hp. also helps with traction

3. a electric supercharger. talk about the horses this thing will give you 100 hp and up.

happy peeling./

Friday, May 25, 2007 1:30 PM
clean up the muffler bearings, they may need to be replaced, probably the main cause of the tranny being sloppy

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, May 25, 2007 6:25 PM
Putting a beefier tranny behind your engine because you think its safer, is like installing seatbelts on your living room sofa for safety's sake.

Nothing against FWD Vehicles, But imho, if you drive a car to smoke the tires,

1. Your an idiot
2. Your an idiot...
and 3....your an idiot.

Not to mention tires are expsensive. If you want a car to roast the meats on. Pony up a 3rdgen Camaro. They can be had in good shape and running well for less then 2k. Talk about a steal.

Even LS1 4th Gen camaros (98-02) with 325 factory hp, can be had as cheap ask 7K these days.
Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:21 AM
Quote:

Even LS1 4th Gen camaros (98-02) with 325 factory hp, can be had as cheap ask 7K these days.

I almost got A 99 Z28 with 98K miles on it...AT, red, one owner.....for only 3500.....but the 98k miles keep me thinking....and I let it pass
Saturday, May 26, 2007 12:58 PM
Travis C wrote:
Quote:

I almost got A 99 Z28 with 98K miles on it...AT, red, one owner.....for only 3500.....but the 98k miles keep me thinking....and I let it pass

Put in some ARP Rod bolts, and those engines will go forever.

Monday, May 28, 2007 1:23 PM
Christ...the people around here are crazy
Everyone's right...Peeling out in a car is stupid no matter how fun it is especially in a FWD car. I do disagree with the (no performance) part Mr Camaro owner said. I can toast my Bridgestone Potenza RE950 tires without trying (although I try not to), but my car is as fast as a remotley stock (very good running) 350 V8 Iroc-Z.
Oh...by the way, you all forgot to have him check his exaust belt (my personal favorite)

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:30 PM
^^^^ Don't forget to add to check the headlight fluid level!!!!!! Or just add a NOS sticker, bolts on like 100 extra hp. you'll be neutral droppin and burnin out in no time.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:16 AM
My favorite upgrade is to fill the tank with sailboat fuel.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:31 AM
Sailboat fuel

Thats good man...what makes it even funnier is that I'm listening Jimmy Buffet right now. Don't sailboats run on margaritas?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:40 PM
You're possibly looking at more than 800 for a new tranny.

I shot my flywheel into my tranny and had to get a new one, and my replacement manual was 800. Autos tend to be more expensive.

Either way, chalk this up as a lesson. Peeling out in a cornburner does not look cool.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaði, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, June 01, 2007 5:35 AM
this is by far the most retarded thread I have EVER read on the org

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, June 01, 2007 4:53 PM
^^^^^^^ x2, but it's funny

Saturday, June 02, 2007 9:50 PM
[quote=DrÃkÉ]if you want to peel out your going to have too bo 3 things...

2. a speed chip from ebay. a speed ship will put you up an extra 25-30 hp. also helps with traction

3. a electric supercharger. talk about the horses this thing will give you 100 hp and up.

happy peeling./

man i hope your not serious.... LOL....

Monday, June 04, 2007 5:19 AM
[quote=DrÃkÉ]if you want to peel out your going to have too bo 3 things...

happy peeling./

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EBAY FTW! 4EVAR!

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:58 PM
If you put the e brake (pull the lever all the way up) and get the car in 1st gear automatics or manual trans. then just push the throttle on an auto or release the clutch on the manual.... you will see a cloud of smoke from your tires.
Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:00 AM
my friend had a 02 2.2 and he sat next to me smoking them up for like 2 mins, till i notices it smelled like clutch and not tires, 20 miles old, new clutch but hey at least the tires were mint.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search