3800 SUPERCHARGED SWAP INFO - Page 13 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 3800 SUPERCHARGED SWAP INFO
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:53 PM
Looks to be too far back IMO . . . Mine is mounted in place but I have not done the top bracing yet but will definitely not be able to use the GTP top mounts. I have the kit to make some custom ones. I am getting ideas for where to mount my ICM though and it looks like the AC is plumbed??? Does the AC actually work? I am planning doing that as well and just using custom hoses. If you dig out my build thread I think the hose are linked in there.

Whats up people?

Friday, March 15, 2013 5:35 PM
i don't think its too far back cause his ICM isn't up front if it was to far back it would definatly fit as mine fits up there

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, April 07, 2013 5:29 AM
So I've taken a closer look with my dad and we came to the conclusion that the axle is probably bent, I'm getting it changed within a week or 2 and hopefully it fixes the problem!
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:26 PM
what

how do you bend an axel thats IMPOSSIBLE you would snap the CV joints before bending a 1 1/4 peice of heat treated steel

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, April 15, 2013 6:06 AM
NOTa2_4 wrote:what

how do you bend an axel thats IMPOSSIBLE you would snap the CV joints before bending a 1 1/4 peice of heat treated steel

you're right, it didn't bend I was misslead lol sorry for being a noob

Anyway's I had it checked out and its actually hitting because the motor moves to much when I start it and when I go full throttle! So I juste have to figure out a way to stop if from moving back and I should be good to go, My guess is when the problems started I had major wheel hop and there was a big BANG so maybe I snapped a mount or something, I'm going to pick the car up later today and take a look.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:43 AM
Thanks for posting this. Helped me alot getting started with my swap.
Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:40 AM
I have some questions im using a 2004 grand prix gtp 3800sc and im swapping it into my 2002 ls sport it has a 2.2 eco . The wiring part could i use the w body pcm i heard since my cav is 2000+ my gauges will work with my pcm. And the tranmission could i use the stock tranny in the gtp . Pretty much could i use everything from the gtp or do i have pull certain thing from other cars .
Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:48 PM
Notes for an 02 ohv swap available? Email me jcsakowski82@gmail.com
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 3:43 PM
Your reply cough my eye as i search for a fix to an issue i have with a build.
I took a 1999 Buick 3800 SC Rivera donor completely rebuilt everything except the block.
Installed this into a 2000 Chevy Cavalier Z24 Convertible wired in the computer, and this is where i get lost, the builder provided me with pin-out charts and it runs and drives, almost every light on the dash comes on after it reached OT
My builder is a member here First name Matt, He has done several MODs and after some time of running, issues.
So I am reaching out any one else interfaced a Buick computer system with a 2000 Chevy Cavalier ???
Thanks
Jeff
easygoingent@hotmail.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search