How rare is this? - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How rare is this?
Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:42 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:In 1995 GM had a limited run of verts, more limited then a Z or GT spec. If I remember, the vert was available in spring of 1995 as a '95 model.

Oh yeah, very limited run. Only 901 Cavaliers and 750 Sunfires in the 95 model year.

Sunfiretun3r wrote:Hey lenko, how do you know what plant your j was built at? What letter in the vin tells you?

Check the 11th character in your VIN:

M = Lansing, Michigan
7 = Lordstown, Ohio
B = Lansing, Michigan (Genasys convertible plant)
S = Ramos Arizpe, Mexico
C = South Gate, California (82 only)
J = Janesville, Wisconsin
K = Leeds, Missouri

Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:55 PM
Thanks lenko. I was curious which plant mine came from.
Do you know how to find out if the car was a special order or a production run? Do you have to get a build sheet or something?

Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:03 PM
That I don't know... there may be an RPO code associated with a special order, but I'm not that intimate with the ordering process.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:40 PM
Damn. Thanks for the info though! I haven't checked it yet, but I'm gonna.

Monday, November 29, 2010 9:46 AM
your knowledge amazes me haha
Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:21 PM
how rare is a 99 vert z24 5spd im thinking of a v6 swap but maybe i should just replace the 2.4
Friday, September 02, 2011 3:01 PM
This guy seems to know his stuff. Any idea on how to find out how many 82 cimarrons are left?
Saturday, September 03, 2011 9:35 AM
Left? No way to find out what's left out there. No one tracks that kind of stuff.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:45 PM
Mike Golding wrote:how rare is a 99 vert z24 5spd im thinking of a v6 swap but maybe i should just replace the 2.4

Why? Its a vert, sell it to a girl or a lower income 50 year old dude having a mid life crisis and buy a real chassis to make fast.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:16 AM
I know 152 silver cimarrons with charcoal leather interiors were built for canada in '82. Once I was told by a man he had the last "whatever" left in canada. He said he found out from the dmv. I have since found that to be a load of crap.
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 7:30 PM
why because it cost 25 buck a week to drive back and forth to work and my truck cost 100 when i want to go fast i get in my tube chassis j car and race

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:03 AM
actually, im pretty sure you can go to the DMV and ask them, all that stuff is public record. it could give you a ball park number. but then there is always the cars sitting in someone's back yard that hasnt been reported in 10 years...
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:04 PM
I will have to re-inuire with the local dmv and see what they say at this branch.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search