My CEL is flashing - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My CEL is flashing
Tuesday, January 04, 2011 3:54 PM
any chance you're willing to let that head go?

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:53 PM
Sorry Dave - I took it to the wrecker this afternoon to get my core deposit back.
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:25 AM

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 2:46 PM
I'd be trying to figure out why it burned now...

No sense in calling it fixed unless you know what caused it, that's how I feel anyway.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 3:05 PM
david monteith wrote:Well - the ' good ' news is that is was just a burned valve. No other visible damage. New head installed, it fired up on the first turn of the key, and idles like it it brand new - bring on the next 400KM.

Uhm.... for all the work you just did. I'd certainly hope it lasts longer than 400km.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 4:00 PM
SHOoff wrote:
david monteith wrote:Well - the ' good ' news is that is was just a burned valve. No other visible damage. New head installed, it fired up on the first turn of the key, and idles like it it brand new - bring on the next 400KM.

Uhm.... for all the work you just did. I'd certainly hope it lasts longer than 400km.

Hehehe - OK, let's make that the next 400,000KM
Wednesday, January 05, 2011 4:03 PM
Oedwards wrote:I'd be trying to figure out why it burned now...

No sense in calling it fixed unless you know what caused it, that's how I feel anyway.

The engine has over 400,000KM on it - not too worried about what caused this. Planning an ECO swap in the summer.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search