Quick spark plug Question. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick spark plug Question.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 3:26 PM
I was just wondering if the 03 Cavaliers with the 2.2 ecos had iridium spark plugs from the factory. I did a search put didn't find my answer

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Re: Quick spark plug Question.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 5:40 PM
I'm curious to know as well.

I need to do a tune up soon.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 6:23 PM
"Stock isn't iridium, it's platinum."

http://www.ecotecpower.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=6117&t=6103

A 2 minute google search told me that much, can't confirm the information.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, April 07, 2011 1:50 PM
I guess my thought/question was more along the lines of iridium, sinlge platinum, or double platinum.... I know the differences between the three, but GM says platinum, so I'm assuming that would mean single platinum.? Idk

Friday, April 08, 2011 4:45 PM
The reason I'm asking this question is becuase I bought spark plugs from a GM dealership and they gave me a/c delco Iridium spark plugs. I asked for the basic a/c delco spark plugs and they told me that the iridiums came in my car 03 Cavalier ecotec stock. I was half a sleep when I bought these and just couldn't care less at the moment. They were almost $20/spark plug which I was not expecting for friggen sparkies. I'm going to return them if they are not what came in my 03 from factory.

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Friday, April 08, 2011 6:50 PM
drivemybrosZ24 wrote:The reason I'm asking this question is becuase I bought spark plugs from a GM dealership and they gave me a/c delco Iridium spark plugs. I asked for the basic a/c delco spark plugs and they told me that the iridiums came in my car 03 Cavalier ecotec stock. I was half a sleep when I bought these and just couldn't care less at the moment. They were almost $20/spark plug which I was not expecting for friggen sparkies. I'm going to return them if they are not what came in my 03 from factory.

get the part number off the box, shoud start with a 41-xxx. you can get the same exact spark plugs from and auto parts store for $6 each.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:28 PM
so are the stock plugs iridiums? or platnums? i'm still confused

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Monday, April 11, 2011 10:42 AM
they are "double" platinums stock. the guy just wanted to up-sell you crap at GM.

and as said before, any parts store will tell you proper plug numbers. place I work at (canadian owned/operated) sells the platinums for your car at $17/pack of 2.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Monday, April 11, 2011 7:32 PM
good to know. I'm returning this crap back at GM. Horse of a parts guy too

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:57 PM
I can't find double platnum a/c delcos at the parts stores or gm. Maybe these cars did come with Iridiums? I dunno

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:18 PM
look on rockauto.com they have some awesome prices, i just ordered a set of ac delco plug wires and paid 10 and sum chang minus shipping, but my total was less than 20 bucks

Friday, July 25, 2014 8:21 PM
NGK's are AC-Delco's no diff
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search