03 Cavalier cranks over no start - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 Cavalier cranks over no start
Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:36 PM
Alright I just bought an 03 Cavalier Cpe with the 2.2 Ecotec engine tonight from a coworker. He was driving it home from work and it got real doggy made it home went out to start it the next morning and would not start.. I had a friend come over tonight and we replaced the crank sensor, tested for fuel which we are getting plenty of, tested fuel pressure and its at 53 PSI and holding steady, we can here the pump kick in as soon as we turn the key. We also coil pack cover tested for spark and we got plenty. I pulled the plugs and found 1 worn plug so we replaced all 4 plugs. It turns over strong but will not fire. Any help and ideas would be great as I am brand new to working with the 2.2 Ecotec engine.

Re: 03 Cavalier cranks over no start
Monday, April 25, 2011 12:12 AM
do you have compression in all 4 cylinders? i'm sure that you've already checked this, but you did not mention either way in the above post? If you have a spark and fuel, my guess would be a compression issue.
Re: 03 Cavalier cranks over no start
Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:22 AM
I did find out the issue. After having it pass all the tests I pulled the valve cover off and found 4 broken rocker arms. So put 2 used cams in it and a full set of rockers. Got it ack together went to crank it over and made the same noise sounded like something rattling n the lower end as it was turning over then something let loose and that was the end. I believe it seized up tight since I cant turn it over by hand and everything was torqued tight and to spec when put back together. The timing chain jumped almost 90 degrees on the cams so I bought a used ecotec engine from my local yard and picked it up this morning.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search