Izuzu 5-Speed Issue - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Izuzu 5-Speed Issue
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 11:45 PM
I know its gonna be hard to pin point but i need ideas. started with little puddle of what was definitely tranny fluid dripping from a couple spots on the bottom of the tranny housing. it got worse. i kept topping it off with fluid. i was driving about 50 miles an hour and was coming to a stop. i tried to down shift to 4th. felt stiff. tried to put it in 3rd.. felt stiff tried 2 felt stiff but forced it into gear anyway (clutch was all the way down the whole time i obviously would try to shift into 1st gear at 50mph. but when i forced it into 3rd something popped, the clutch went to the floor and wouldn't come back up . i pulled the pedal up and pumped it a few times and it wasnt doing very much. i pulled over and tried to pump it again a few times and it wouldnt grab, it just sounded like 2 brake pads rubbing together almost. something was not grabbing something else. finally after pumping clutch it would grab at ldle but as soon as i would give it gas it would just rev high and vibrate the whole car. i was able to get it home as it was just down the road. A friend tried to drive it today to see what was going on and we ending up pushing it home. now the clutch seems half-way engaged at all times. even with the tranny in neutral when you start it . it vibrates the whole car, if i push the clutch in its very very very very loose and i cant get it into any gear. If i shut the car off, i can switch through all the gears just fine. so im assuming its something to do with clutch or master or slave cylinder or something like that. the tranny has less than 100k on it. Any ideas of what to check. i guess step one would be to start pulling it apart and look for something in particular? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. i tried to bleed the clutch just for @!#$s and giggles and it just drips out of the bleeder nipple. dosent shoot out like there is no pressure behind it and the pedal never gets stiffer. i also noticed when the clutch is being pumped it shooting the fluid out through the lid on the clutch reservoir.

Re: Izuzu 5-Speed Issue
Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:13 PM
clutch disc and slave cylinder both took a poo Iv seen it on my cousins 98 cavalier once when u pull the trans the disc will be broken somewhere causing the vibration and when it went it took the slave cylinder with it
Re: Izuzu 5-Speed Issue
Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:23 PM
1 - You probably weren't losing much trans fluid.
2 - You probably were losing clutch fluid.
3 - Check the clutch fluid level and add DOT 3 as is necessary
4 - Bleed the system see if it works. (and put the goddamn cap on when you do it)

If not, then you've lost the clutch/slave cylinder completely and will need a new clutch. No biggie, it's a common thing with manual trans cars.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search