Whats a fair offer? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats a fair offer?
Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:48 PM
Hey guys,

Its good to be back! I had a 1999 Z24 back in 02 - 05 and regret getting rid of it to this day! It was by far the best car I have ever owned.

With that said I have an opportunity to buy a 2002 Cavalier LS Coupe. Its yellow, 5spd, etc. My purpose would be to mod it and eventually supercharge it. The guy wants 1500 for it. It has 90K miles and thats literally all he knows about it. He doesnt know the condition or anything, just that it runs and drives. I was thinking about offering him 1000 cash but I just wanted to get opinions.

Re: Whats a fair offer?
Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:18 PM
I would say that's cheap. When I look up ads here in the bay, cars are way more expensive than a grand, but I would def go look at it. Honestly, its worth whatever you feel it's worth. The lower the better, obviously.
Sunday, June 19, 2011 3:23 AM
Quote:

The guy wants 1500 for it. It has 90K miles and thats literally all he knows about it. He doesnt know the condition or anything, just that it runs and drives.

Car is worth twice that in "fair" condition. I'd say that he literally knows more about it and isn't saying. I would first thing, test drive it, and beat on it pretty good to see what doesn't work right. I have a feeling that something isn't right.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:37 PM
I just drove over to look at the car. The dealership was closed o I couldnt talk to someone about it or even get in the car but this is what I found. Body and wheels are in great shape except for wear on the paint. It will need a paint job because the clear coat is gone and its starting lose paint in certain spots. The fromt brake rotors and calipers are straight rust. I dont know if its because its been sitting or they are shot. Rear valance is separated near the muffler and no exhaust tip which seems like it had a custom exhaust at one point. 2 Tires are flat. Interior is painted yellow and a short shifter was installed. Im assuming whoever had this car beat the hell out it. Oh and I have a hunch the from bumper was replaced or at least repainted because the black plastic spoiler underneath the front bumper has overspray on it.

Anyway, I love the cavalier so I am ready to offer 900 - 950 cash. If he takes it great! If not then Ill keep looking.
Monday, June 20, 2011 7:16 PM
thats still a good deal even for 1200 lol. just make sure its a real ls sport or z24 and not just the sport edition with the exterior guise

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:47 PM
Open the hood and make sure it's a 2.2 ecotec or 2.4 Twin Cam and not the 2200. I have a few of those running around my area. I even thought about picking one up, but thought better of it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search