3400 mounting question - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 3400 mounting question
Monday, November 28, 2011 4:16 AM
Get me some details on the swap and I'll see what I can dig up. What ECM/harness combo was used, what was done to the 3500 to make it work with the ECM/harness? All the info you can post will help.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:59 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:Get me some details on the swap and I'll see what I can dig up. What ECM/harness combo was used, what was done to the 3500 to make it work with the ECM/harness? All the info you can post will help.

I am searching his old posts. It was ray gardners (gar70614) I believe it was a grand am harness and the engine was out of a 04 malibu

Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:59 AM
Quick,
I found the post where he mentioned what he used. it dated back to 2009

Post with teh wiring swap for the 3500
the wiring was most of a 99 grand am harness with the cav c100 and some misc pigtales spliced in.

Mike

Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:53 AM
OK, I'll see if I can dig up the harness pinout for you. I have a 95 J-body service manual, but the engine harness pinout should be the same, save one or two missing or added parts, because the body harness is the same. I also have a 2000 N-body service manual, so I will have the GA pinout.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 11:02 AM
thanks!

we got the new windshield put in and made a new shifter linkage (old one was too long, couldn't get reverse right)

were going to have to go over the front steering bc it is horribly sloppy (goes great in a straight line though)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:49 PM
Mike (Needs Boost) wrote:thanks!

we got the new windshield put in and made a new shifter linkage (old one was too long, couldn't get reverse right)

were going to have to go over the front steering bc it is horribly sloppy (goes great in a straight line though)

I have some service manuals available (up to m/y 06), so might be able to fill in any gaps you run across.

I don't post much on jbo, but will set email replies to this thread.

in case anyone is wondering... I'm still trying to get closed loop to work properly. I live in an emissions controlled county now, so have to fix that to rereg the car. a whole rewiring job is in order come spring time, as well as replace the intake gaskets. /threadjack

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search