Questions - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions
Monday, August 01, 2011 11:28 PM
Hey there i could really use some help i have a 1997 chevy cavalier i wanna make it a more fun car put a cold air intake and headers but all i can find are 2.4l upgrades. i have a 2.2l so if anyone has some good websites or recommendations on where to get 1997 chevy cavalier 2.2l parts that would be great and i also had questions about an engine swap. Can u put a v6 into a cavalier and any ideas on how much it would cost a mechanic to replace the engine and any ideas on what to do to make the car more reliable. I mean im going to get an oil change and tune up and spark plugs and you know things like that. I would just like some help i am 18 and dont know much about cars but i learn quick so if anyone hasd any ideas and wants to write back that would be much more appreciated then anyone would think

Re: Questions
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:24 AM
first thing to do is search around the forum. i can almost guarantee if you have a question it has been answered before so search before starting help with this type thread.
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:51 AM
expect not to be able to find a shop willing to v6 swap your car. IF you do, expect it to cost well over $10,000.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:01 AM
Quote:

. i have a 2.2l so if anyone has some good websites or recommendations on where to get 1997 chevy cavalier 2.2l parts that would be great and i also had questions about an engine swap. Can u put a v6 into a cavalier and any ideas on how much it would cost a mechanic to replace the engine

You mean like this?

Absolutely not.
You might be able to find a small town mechanic, or even some sort of small performance shop to do it. But don't expect them to go to all the work for a decent price. Or, if you're willing to do the wiring and computer work, expect the car to have a decent amount of downtime while you do it.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, August 04, 2011 1:20 AM
There's actually an ENTIRE sticky dedicated soley to 3rd gen v6 swaps, which is coincidentally, right at the top of this very forum (Hint hint hint!!! ...scroll to the top of this forum, thoroughly read the sticky, then ask any remaining questions).

Thursday, August 04, 2011 4:47 AM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:There's actually an ENTIRE sticky dedicated soley to 3rd gen v6 swaps, which is coincidentally, right at the top of this very forum (Hint hint hint!!! ...scroll to the top of this forum, thoroughly read the sticky, then ask any remaining questions).

Using the Third Gen forum is hard.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, August 04, 2011 2:04 PM
As far as a intake , You pretty much have to make one...iv seen a few that are fitted, this is how i USED to have mine....then me and a friend where dealing around and he has a acure integra gsr but he isnt into cars much but i told hime to get a intake..needless to say he ordered 1 ..it didnt fit but mine did so now i have a integra intake on mine (no pics yet)...im still without the header..and most of us just start with a ebay muffler those are the 3 easiest

this intake was made up of a sunfire 2200 intake with a 45 degree angle on it with a hole cut in for the sensor on the intake
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search